McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for a Tillotson HL carb number
HL103 or HL63, Preferably the 103 or any
that will work with the 797, 795 saws.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Lee

Were they used on any other old saws, like a wrightsaw? If so I have a few

Were they used on any other old saws, like a wrightsaw? If so I have a few

They are unique to the Mcculloch's because of the
bottom of the carb is different on the fuel inlet.
So i don't think a carb from a Wright will work,
although i haven't seen a Wright carb.

Thanks Lee

I got this in the mail today from BillG
It's rough looking on the outside, but pretty good shape inside.
I'm quite pleased.

attachment.php

I sure hope it works out for you. I know she was a rough ole girl

Bill

jim,

I thought the lower/blind one was good in the saw I sent you. If not then I will make it right.

Bill

Don't worry Bill, The rods are useable in that saw. But I still would like to get one more rod, giving me a total of 4, enough to build two complete saws, a used runner, and a nearly NOS saw.
Do you know of anyone who might have a rod?
Jim

I have an old 610. I was going to sell it and get a newer saw But it always starts and runs so good I am going to keep it. I need a new bar for it any suggestions? I have an original 20 inch and it is wore pretty good. Could I go a little bigger? or stay the same? Thanks

I have an old 610. I was going to sell it and get a newer saw But it always starts and runs so good I am going to keep it. I need a new bar for it any suggestions? I have an original 20 inch and it is wore pretty good. Could I go a little bigger? or stay the same? Thanks

A PM610 or a 6-10 ?

On another note my daughter's tumors (Meningiomas) have returned and I will have to go to Olive Branch this Friday to baby sit for her. She is going to Mayo clinic at Rochester, Minn. for treatment. Any prayers for her would be appreciated. Tom

Prayers sent up for you and your girl. I cannot imagine how scared you must be, but you're taking her to the right place. I've been to Mayo, they definitely know what they're doing there and the way they do it is spectacular. No room-to-room like cattle. You sit in an office with the doctor and they consult every resource at their considerable disposal to both get the job done and give you peace of mind.

I look forward to good news for you guys!

Sorry it is a Power mac 610

Then I am fairly positive you need an Oregon Mount pattern D176. That is what my PM650 takes and I think they are pretty much the same saw.

Full code for a good bar would be 200RNDD176 (solid with sprocket, .050 groove) see attached...

Last edited:
First Mac chainsaw

Dont know if I should post here but her it goes. I just bought my first Mac and this thing sounds frickin awesome! I bought a Mac 10-10 at a pawn shop for 50 bucks. I was in good shape and I heard good thing about the all steal, old Macs. I have some questions for you mac heads.

1. Does this saw oil automatically or is it just manuel?

2. What is the top rpm for this saw? Its kind of hard to tune because of the airfilter cover.

3. What do I need to know about this saw?

The rep will be a flowing!:chainsawguy:

Then I am fairly positive you need an Oregon Mount pattern D176. That is what my PM650 takes and I think they are pretty much the same saw.

Full code for a good bar would be 200RNDD176 (solid with sprocket, .050 groove) see attached...

Thanks for the info.

Back