McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the 7-10's have pretty aggressive porting, part of what makes them so much fun to run.

Rustoleum Sunburst Yellow is close, a bit dark/more red but if they are not setting side by it will look good.

I also have some John Deere yellow that looks even more like the original but may not be available everywhere.

Mark

Thanks,

Went to Rural King and got some rust-oleum starburst, they had the rust -oleum JD yellow too.

I figured the JD yellow might be too grey.

Think I will just leave it with the original paint, gives it character.

Come to think of it, all my saws have character!

I'm going to look at a Mac 15 tomorrow, guy says it is all there, including B&C.
Anything special I should check before I buy it?

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

seen at a local feed store. built for hot saw competitions in the 60's & 70's.
said the original engine was replaced by the mac 101. it looks more like various pieces were bolted to it. what did they come from ? that carb looks awful kart like..

Looks like a 1-50/250 style saw maybe. I have seen a similar build, I think with a MC-91 and a 250 platform. Great find!!! How much did that set you back?

it was just on display at the feed store, NFS. there were also several each of the 2-man saws- macs, malls, and disston/mercs along with a lone contra !

yeah mark, probably handy for starting, piggy backed on the throttle like that. i imagine the rest of your hands and feet were busy holding it down and pulling on it !

Mac hot saw

The kart engines I ran has an additional 2 carbs feeding in the stuffer where the gas tank is on this saw.
Pruit

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

seen at a local feed store. built for hot saw competitions in the 60's & 70's.
said the original engine was replaced by the mac 101. it looks more like various pieces were bolted to it. what did they come from ? that carb looks awful kart like..

Thanks for the reply. I have a couple SP125 parts saws. If I can't get this one to work maybe one of them will. Thanks again for the help. Tom

The mac 790 now runs and runs well considering that this is the first carb. rebuild for me on this type carb. After it is warmed up it will crank on one pull some of the time and 2 or 3 pulls for sure.
Apparently the primer is working and the auto oiler also.
I have a tripod ordered and I hope to post some video's at a later date.

On another note my daughter's tumors (Meningiomas) have returned and I will have to go to Olive Branch this Friday to baby sit for her. She is going to Mayo clinic at Rochester, Minn. for treatment. Any prayers for her would be appreciated. Tom

P. S. If someone would fix the pictures to open automaticlly I would appreciate it. Tom

Last edited:
Eager Beaver 2014

:biggrinbounce2:It's alive!:biggrinbounce2:

My dad's joke Eager Beaver 2014 is all clean and back together. Fired on pull 2 and idled on pull 4. Only thing I can never seems to get right is the exact carb settings. I started with both needles out 1 turn but every time I pulled the throttle it just died off. I went to my Walbro carb service manual (because the ZAMA manual doesn't say where to start with needles) and set them both at 1-1/4 turns out. I started it again and now had to back the idle screw (not the needle) about two turns out. Now it idles good and accelerates to speed but if I just smack the throttle like I mean business it bogs for a second then revs up.

I have two thoughts: I just need to goof with the needles a bit more or it's that stupid lever in the carb that I can never get bent correctly (but usually they flood like mad when I get that way wrong).

Beaver help please....:bowdown:

Jeff: yes the goofy fuel line setup is correct

Last edited:
On another note my daughter's tumors (Meningiomas) have returned and I will have to go to Olive Branch this Friday to baby sit for her. She is going to Mayo clinic at Rochester, Minn. for treatment. Any prayers for her would be appreciated. Tom

Father, I lift up to you Tom's daughter and ask you to exhibit your grace, kindness, and gentle mercy through healing her. I ask that you give her and Tom peace. And give wisdom and careful hands to those who treat her.
In Jesus' name. Ron

Saws and prayers

Thanks to briantutt for the pictures. That looks a lot better. I have got to learn to do them.
Thanks to rwoods for the prayers. All are appreciated. Tom

Tom i will be praying for her in this time of crisis

Another is finished

Thanks again to everyone who helped me get this one done. With you help I have turned...

this:
attachment.php

Into this:
attachment.php

attachment.php

With Jeff's low needle suggestion it now runs great, idles smooth and accelerates cleanly when I clamp the throttle. (Hope nobody notices I can't find the choke lever...)

I am going to return it to my dad in front of everyone this weekend, hehehe...

Latest posts

Back