McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Bow saw for my collection, Mac 10-10.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Another Bow saw for my collection, Mac 10-10.

If you know please tell me why the top guard does not extend back further. Back in the early sixties when my dad was logging, the gap was so you could put oil in the saw. He had an incident where he cut his thumb badly. He wrote McCulloch and they put together and sent him a two piece steel guard that covered this gap. When I had my accident with the 1-60 shown in the "christmas tree" picture, it was that gap that send me to the hospital. Now that we have these nice extruded aluminum guards, I don't see the purpose for the gap other than possibly quicker dumping of chips that make it that far. Just curious. Nice saw by the way. I have thought of converting one of my PM800s to a plunge bow, but when I think about me showing off and not paying attention I repress that idea. I did bid on one of those little brush bows on Ebay though, but I don't know what use I would get from one. Ron

Pm 1000

Recently got this PM 1000. Starts and runs good. Not much run time in wood yet. Only 140-145 psi compression. P/C look good so no basis for comparison on the comp. That would be normal on some saws. Comment?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

If you know please tell me why the top guard does not extend back further. Back in the early sixties when my dad was logging, the gap was so you could put oil in the saw. He had an incident where he cut his thumb badly. He wrote McCulloch and they put together and sent him a two piece steel guard that covered this gap. When I had my accident with the 1-60 shown in the "christmas tree" picture, it was that gap that send me to the hospital. Now that we have these nice extruded aluminum guards, I don't see the purpose for the gap other than possibly quicker dumping of chips that make it that far. Just curious. Nice saw by the way. I have thought of converting one of my PM800s to a plunge bow, but when I think about me showing off and not paying attention I repress that idea. I did bid on one of those little brush bows on Ebay though, but I don't know what use I would get from one. Ron

Thanks,:)
This is a newer bow bar and will allso fit Jonsered's.
It comes with standerd cut and drilled guards.
If I wanted to I could move it back and drill new holes.

Another nice Bow Cliff,
So how many of then damn Bows
you got now. I know, you like me,
Can't count that high.

Congrats:cheers:

Lee

Thanks Lee,;)
Yeah right now it would be hard to count
how many I have, My shed is packed, there are
some saws I have not seen in years...LoL.

Nice PM1000 you there 67stang.
I don't think i would worry about the compression.
140-145 isn't bad at all.
I have a few of those and they are fun to run.

Lee

I have a PM1000 in the "waiting for love" line but will need a rear handle as the one I have is broken. Decent compression as I recall but not sure I ever checked it with a guage.

Guess I have a lot of saws in that line...

Good news is the CP55 I picked up last week is a very nice running saw and will likely be in my regular use saw rotation. Only needed a little clean up to make it presentable and at 54 cc like the other 10 Series base saws but with good antivibration and that real McCulloch sound, a winner for sure.

Mark

I got to cut some with the 1-70 today. I'm proud to say it's a great running saw. I did clog the clutch cover up with noodles pretty darn quick, I reckon this ain't a saw to noodle with. LOL

2-10 She Lives

Well I finally got her up and running..got the chain that came with it unrusted enough to put on the bar. She was running smoth at idle, revved to rpm pretty well. I did try it out in some wood, not so good there. It dies under load, I am sure that its carb adjustment. I need to study up on those adjustments, thanks to Mark for the info, hopefully I will have it running smoothly soon.

Well I finally got her up and running..got the chain that came with it unrusted enough to put on the bar. She was running smoth at idle, revved to rpm pretty well. I did try it out in some wood, not so good there. It dies under load, I am sure that its carb adjustment. I need to study up on those adjustments, thanks to Mark for the info, hopefully I will have it running smoothly soon.

It took me some time to learn the adjust the older saws, and the big saws seemed harder. I've found that fat (rich) is a good thing, four- stroking hard out of the wood. Then I start leaning it out in the wood a little at a time until it only four-strokes in small stuff, or when finishing a cut.

Nice saw 67, glad you got it lookable :)

I have a big hickory to drop, if I get the woodpile cut and split, we will invite you down for some run time, to see what its made of.

First Date with my SP 80

attachment.php
[/IMG][/IMG] My first chance to put this saw into some wood, ran thru two tanks with only a minor adjust to the carb. She cuts like a monster!! Man these saws were a fallers best freind back in the seventies. Now I understatnd why. Just a little bit heavier than a 10-10 but 82 cc's. Piston port so she'll rev to 9, ( i'm just guessing) in the wood. Auto oiler with a manuel over=ride. And that sound,,,,, can't be replicated.
I think I'll ask her out for a seond date, maybe a third.

caleath - have a look around post #4000 in this thread for some information on the 10 Series flat back and it's peculiar adjustments.

Mark

I did some reading of that post along with the stuff you sent, I am still having trouble getting it to idle correctly, the spring was off the sprocket, I am guessing its the governor. I followed the instructions, not sure if I got them right or not. When it idles its screaming....if i use the low speed idle it dies, not sure what I am doing wrong. Also when I prime the carb a small amount of fuel leaks around the needle that we adjust for mixture....

I guess its part of the adventure

Latest posts

Back