McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still a find, I don't have one yet. You could send it with, no problems with it overheating here for a while now...

McCulloch

I've got an 80's Pro Mac 610 that I use to cut firewood. It's sorta heavy, sorta ugly, sorta fast-cutting, and REALLY LOUD. Yep, the one with a spark arrestor screen over the exhaust port, and the nice non-wraparound chain brake lever. I love it! :biggrinbounce2:

MAC Manuals

Hi Folks, New Memeber to the website and I hope you can help me out. I have a Eager Beaver 3.7 that is about 20 years old and I believe it needs a rebuild on the carb. Basically, it is very hard to start. I am the orig owner and other then routine maint. filters and plugs it has not had major work done to it. Once it is running it works good. My question is are service manuals available? I have searched the internet without any luck. Based on what I have seen on this site I must be in the right place. I did discover that McCulloch used different carbs on this model. I have a Zama c2S, no further identifying markings that I can see. Any tips on how to proceed.
Thanks
Bob

Check out the Zama website, they have a lot of good information available there.

If you need a kit, there are many e-Bay options, or contact Calvin (lawnmowertech37) member and sponsor here on AS.

http://zamacarb.com/tips.html

Mark
P.S. I assume your EB3.7 looks something like this?
attachment.php

Thanks for the quick reply Mark, yes your picture is the EB 3.7 that I have. It has been a good saw for many years. Did McCulloch not publish service literature so the average homeowner would be forced take them to a dealer?
Bob

SP125C Final chapter or sequel Fall 2011?

I put the SP125C in some nice big (for me) red oak last Saturday with my new 36" bar. I loved running it. However, I managed to "shred" a 2 cm segment of the interlining of my right caroid artery while moving a 52" oak biscuit out of the county road. I was just released from the stroke ward a couple of hours ago (injury is in an inoperatable area of my head so I got to come home early with no surgery). Treatment is very simple - blood thinners and various activity limitations for 3 to 6 months. Specifically, no firewood cutting, loading etc. When an MRA shows complete healing and no indications of likely reoccurance, then restrictons may be modified somewhat. So for now my future use of any of my MACs is in serious doubt. If I hadn't had to stop to meet up with the shop owner regarding the unidentified MACs mentioned in my earlier posts, I would probably be dead. God is gracious.

I'll follow up with you guys on the status of the other MACs when I am able. Ron :)

PS I note from the various birthday posts that several of us are mid fifties vintage. If you ever get a headache that you can only describe as the worse headache of your life - get yourself to the ER as it could be your last headache. Same goes for you younger bucks. :)

Hi Folks, New Memeber to the website and I hope you can help me out. I have a Eager Beaver 3.7 that is about 20 years old and I believe it needs a rebuild on the carb. Basically, it is very hard to start. I am the orig owner and other then routine maint. filters and plugs it has not had major work done to it. Once it is running it works good. My question is are service manuals available? I have searched the internet without any luck. Based on what I have seen on this site I must be in the right place. I did discover that McCulloch used different carbs on this model. I have a Zama c2S, no further identifying markings that I can see. Any tips on how to proceed.
Thanks
Bob

Here's what you need. Page 6, kit 214959.

http://cgi.ebay.com/McCulloch-Chain...133?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb17a8c35

Last edited:
I put the SP125C in some nice big (for me) red oak last Saturday with my new 36" bar. I loved running it. However, I managed to "shred" a 2 cm segment of the interlining of my right caroid artery while moving a 52" oak biscuit out of the county road. I was just released from the stroke ward a couple of hours ago (injury is in an inoperatable area of my head so I got to come home early with no surgery). Treatment is very simple - blood thinners and various activity limitations for 3 to 6 months. Specifically, no firewood cutting, loading etc. When an MRA shows complete healing and no indications of likely reoccurance, then restrictons may be modified somewhat. So for now my future use of any of my MACs is in serious doubt. If I hadn't had to stop to meet up with the shop owner regarding the unidentified MACs mentioned in my earlier posts, I would probably be dead. God is gracious.

I'll follow up with you guys on the status of the other MACs when I am able. Ron :)

PS I note from the various birthday posts that several of us are mid fifties vintage. If you ever get a headache that you can only describe as the worse headache of your life - get yourself to the ER as it could be your last headache. Same goes for you younger bucks. :)

Ron, get well soon my friend. I am mid-fifties vintage and will take heed.

Sorry to hear that!!! Hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

Man that sucks. :phone: Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Maybe you could hire a "Pull rope boy" and just tinker with your saws.

Hey Ron, if you need someone to come and start those saws on regular rotation for a while let me know, I'll bet we can work something out.

shorebreak - There was not much really helpful information contained in the "owners manuals". The IPL that you have now (posted by briantutt) shows all of the parts of the machine and will be about as much help as you will find in the documentation.

Anything else you need, just post the question here on AS and someone will give you an answer. Fact is, you will often gets lots of answers, sometimes you will even get a few good ones!

Mark

Odd 10-10

I would up with a 10-10 with the puller on the right side, it says lightweight on the air cover. Can you guys tell me if there is anything weird with this one, other than it's owner.

Glad you are all right, and my prayers are with you and yours. Tomorrow isn't promised any of us, and thanks for the heads up about the headaches. Had many safety meetings as a heavy equipment operator, one of the better presenters mentioned the link between noise and adrenaline, which elevates in the presence of loud noise. He was serious when linking the high blood pressure and heart problems of many operators to that noise level, how you'd prove the theory, I haven't a clue, as many of our diets and exercise habits would not pass a doctors scrutiny either. And he further theorized that while ear protection saves hearing, it doesn't protect us from the elevated adrenaline levels. Something to ponder, I guess, and again, get well soon.

Guess I'll give it a go tomorrow and see how I like it. Thanks guys.

Back