McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haven't done the bar and chain yet as I need a tank about 4 feet long. could have built a long narrow wood box and lined it with plastic but I have a long enough piece of 4" pvc pipe, just need to get a 4" cap to glue on it. went to buy a cap this morning and that big storm in the gulf of mexico hammered us last night and flooded the downtown area (again). cops have the streets blocked off so couldn't get to Ace or Home Depot. maybe tomorrow.

haven't done the bar and chain yet as I need a tank about 4 feet long. could have built a long narrow wood box and lined it with plastic but I have a long enough piece of 4" pvc pipe, just need to get a 4" cap to glue on it. went to buy a cap this morning and that big storm in the gulf of mexico hammered us last night and flooded the downtown area. cops have the streets blocked off so couldn't get to Ace or Home Depot. maybe tomorrow.
What about using a scabbard standing vertically?
I think I stole that idea off Ed.
I had to put a couple of clamps around it to stop the sides bulging out though.

EDIT: Oh wait, you probably don't have one that's 4 feet long...

this big a** handle weighs almost nothing. think I'll weigh it tomorrow. what's the story with the long low handle brace on the left side? I looked at a LOT of photos. saw zero P100's with that piece, all of the P100 Supers have it and about half of the PM1000's I looked at had it.
PXL_20231012_200114226.MP.jpg

this big a** handle weighs almost nothing. think I'll weigh it tomorrow. what's the story with the long low handle brace on the left side? I looked at a LOT of photos. saw zero P100's with that piece, all of the P100 Supers have it and about half of the PM1000's I looked at had it.
View attachment 1119280
Helps tie the AV together and isolate the motor from vibrating.
Just my 2 cents.

Helps tie the AV together and isolate the motor from vibrating.
Just my 2 cents.
I think you're right. I was just reading thru the IPL and service manuals, and I think I saw it referred to that way. btw, the Partner service manual is WAY better than the MAC service manual for this model.

so, after a 23 1/2-hour soak. the solution when fresh is an opaque white color. had no issues with the powders dissolving in cold water. nothing had settled to the bottom after a day. the drill bits and fasteners look great. the muffler looks pretty good, but I put it back in fresh solution for another soak. it was very rusty to start with.
PXL_20231013_164639005.MP.jpgPXL_20231013_164644239.MP.jpgPXL_20231013_170721276.MP.jpgPXL_20231013_170726575.MP.jpgPXL_20231013_170737213.MP.jpgPXL_20231013_170744039.MP.jpg

cleaning a MAC fuel tank has never been this easy :). plastic does have its place. this tank is still in perfect shape and flexible after what, 46 or 47 years of heat and fuel. gotta wonder if a new plastic tank would last that long. I did manage to break the little rubber grommet that seals the vent hose nipple in the tank but it was leaking anyway. may just use a bigger dia vent hose and squeak it thru the hole like the homelites do. both lines are hard as a rock.
PXL_20231013_205615850.MP.jpg

Latest posts

Back