McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mark. I see a couple holes there not present on mine. That might be my answer there.
Problem solved. Punched 2 more holes based on that scan and it is oiling now. Many thanks. Saw even starts and runs without trying to yank my arm out after tightening the points a couple thousandths.

IMG_20231010_17592.jpg

bought 3 rough saws this morning. they all pull through and have decent compression. 372XP, really rough MS440 and the yellow one which is freaking huge. thinking this one might be tough to find parts for?
View attachment 1118796
Thats a good set , hopefully you got a good deal.

Thats a good set , hopefully you got a good deal.
I gave him 125.00 for the set. less than he was asking. could have got it for less but they were pretty poor folks and had a little girl. he said his dad had a small tree service and ran the Partner/MAC when he was a kid. said it was running when his dad put it up. when I was taking the top cover off, I could tell this thing hadn't been opened for a long, long time. the wasps had a field day.
PXL_20231010_150219141.MP.jpgPXL_20231011_002619479.MP.jpg

Frank - The McCulloch PM1000 is the same saw as the Partner P100, that will help a lot if you need to locate parts.

The only difference may be the bar mount, the McCulloch branded ones are D-176, the Partner ones may be something different.

20200619_101308.jpg

20200619_101407.jpg

If you happen to want/need a new piston assembly, I have a few available.

20220222_092514.jpg

Mark

thanks mark. there is a shallow scratch on the exhaust side of the piston. the intake side of the cylinder looks great but haven't seen the exhaust side yet. It's rough but it might be worth messing with. wish they had put a compression release on these though. I think the bar will clean up but rust got the chain. shame cause there was plenty of life left in the cutters.

I gave him 125.00 for the set. less than he was asking. could have got it for less but they were pretty poor folks and had a little girl. he said his dad had a small tree service and ran the Partner/MAC when he was a kid. said it was running when his dad put it up. when I was taking the top cover off, I could tell this thing hadn't been opened for a long, long time. the wasps had a field day.
View attachment 1118893View attachment 1118894

Well, thats a great deal, and helping someone else out is a bonus!
I'd definitely rather have my saws go to someone who can take care of them.

@flatsfisher I know you like those 044s. The 372xp is also a very good saw.
the 044 I fixed up earlier is killing me. still rips the starter out of my hand almost every time. does not feel good. I know I have the air gap right and the crankshaft key is perfect. wish it had a compression release. as you know I have several other saws in that CC range, and they all start nicely. the 372xp I just got is in the best cosmetic condition of the 3, but pulling the starter does not feel smooth. something going on in there.

Attachments

• PXL_20231010_145911288.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231010_145911288.MP.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back