McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcculloch 890

i just aquired a mac 890 and was trying to figure out what its worth. 615-670-5033
leslie
I know heimannm has a lot of McCulloch Chain Saws, as well as myself, I was wondering if anybody else has a few McCullochs in their collection of Chain Saws, and are they for work, or for display. Thanks for your input. Bruce.

i just aquired a mac 890 and was trying to figure out what its worth. 615-670-5033
leslie

dr-evil.jpg

One meelllionnn dollars...

An 890 would be worth whatever someone is willing to pay, could be $5, could be $50, could be $500 depending on the condition and the desire of the buyer. They can be strong old gear drive saws when in good condition. I don't have many examples from e-bay but they have gone from $100 to $250 + shipping. If you plan to sell it and retire, good luck.

This is a McCulloch thread isn't it?

840 action

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

An 890 would be worth whatever someone is willing to pay, could be $5, could be $50, could be $500 depending on the condition and the desire of the buyer. They can be strong old gear drive saws when in good condition. I don't have many examples from e-bay but they have gone from $100 to $250 + shipping. If you plan to sell it and retire, good luck.

This is a McCulloch thread isn't it?

840 action

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

I hope those aren't current pictures! I predict an early winter but not this early!

Hay Mark!

I'd love to have a couple pieces of that big wood in my yard to cut some cookies from.:msp_wub:

Around here a two foot trunk is a huge tree.

ODW

This afternoon I looked at the 7-10 I picked up a while back and went through the carb and it runs what seems like very good except I see the fuel tank is seaping from the tank seam and it smokes pretty good:msp_ohmy: and oiler doesn't seem to happy. After I shut it off I could see what looked like bubbles coming from the top edge of the oil front cover.

My question would be since I have a PM55 and PM700 and everyone of these the tanks are leaking on them is they all look the same and is the oiler gaskets all the same as well. I tried calling Bob today and he wasn't answering?

I want to order tank gaskets and oil gaskets as well as some fuel lines all at once and want to try and get it all the correct gaskets on one order plus fuel lines and a couple of carb kits.

Also I did a full carb kit on the PM55 with fixed high speed jet and it still will not transition to highspeed. It just acts like it runs out of fuel compeltely and dies. I have siwthced fuels lines around and no such luck.

Anyone have a adjustable carb with self contained idle screw on the carb. I would be interested in one let me know what you need.

Gaskets are the same. Bob is currently on a long driving vacation. I have a few gaskets and several different carburetors that might work. If I can remember I will bring a few supplies along with me on 6 October...

Mark

Sounds good Mark. I can bring the carb off the PM55 to see how things match up.

MArk is that a 2-10? I have one that looks very much like what you posted and has that bulfrog carb and it is my understanding it is best to not even mess with the that carb?

That is a 3-10 DSP with the bullfrog.

I have at least three saws with the bullfrog and all three will run pretty well. One can be a bit diffucult to start as the primer does not work right but all three run nicely once they are going.

Adjusting the bullfrog is completely different from any other saw; in the end you adjust the main fuel nozzle by increasing or decreasing the throttle opening.

Mark

need a little advice on McCulloch 125 crank bearings

I am trying to build a McCulloch 125 and today I decided to pull the crank bearings. I noticed that both bearings had a mark on the outside ring of the bearings. I have never seen this before.
I placed a puller on it and started to remove the bearing. After a few turns of the puller I looked at it just checking and the bearing was seperating at the mark. If I had continue the outside rim and balls would have come off and left the race. Is this the norm for 125 bearings and if so how do you remove them. Tom

Tom-

Did you get this taken care of?

Latest posts

Back