McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds pretty unanimous....trash the old sprockets and get a new one.

Where do I find a decent sprocket for a 10-10? I found some made by Archer out of Australia, and then I see some unbranded ones on eBay for like 3 for $10.

Check the size of those rim drive sprockets. They should be 3/8-7T but there were both large and small spline drums that fit the 10 Series and 600 Series saws. The 10 Series would have come with a large spline but someone could easily swap that for a small spline from a 600 Series saw.

1725455455005.png

Mark

Check the size of those rim drive sprockets. They should be 3/8-7T but there were both large and small spline drums that fit the 10 Series and 600 Series saws. The 10 Series would have come with a large spline but someone could easily swap that for a small spline from a 600 Series saw.

View attachment 1202422

Mark
Is that how one gets a .325 pitch 12" bar on a PM850? Asking for a friend lol

I have a pretty good supply of 3/8-7T in large & small spline, 3/8-8T large spline, and .404-7T and .404-8T in large spline.

I also have a good supply of .354 rim sprockets if you want to go that route...

Mark
Thank you Mark! I may seek a couple 7T sprockets. I still need to go measure and confirm the size.

Is this a small spline??

2 sprockets off 2 different Pro Mac 10-10 saws measuring the same, does this make sense? They're both 7 tooth, 3/8 sprockets and I don't think they've ever been removed.

I'm measuring the inside bore of the sprocket (not in the grooves).

1000009063.jpg

Is this a small spline??

2 sprockets off 2 different Pro Mac 10-10 saws measuring the same, does this make sense? They're both 7 tooth, 3/8 sprockets and I don't think they've ever been removed.

I'm measuring the inside bore of the sprocket (not in the grooves).

View attachment 1202947
From what I have seen, the Mcculloch clutch drums were the small spline.

Back