Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mark, for posting the picts of Chris`s really nice 655. I will try to find some of the decals for that saw of mine, the previous owner must have washed down the saw a lot as there is nary a sign of a decal ever being on it and the saw is very clean for one this old that was used a lot as a work saw.
Jerry

Hey, I don't remember signing any release to post pictures of me! Seriously though, glad you liked them. I don't see any shots of the 2100. Mark, why don't you tell the guys which saw flung chips the farthest...well, at least once I got the chain installed right.

Mark also brought out some of his nice saws. The Craftsman 5200 was actually pretty nice and a good runner. Funny how people go out of their way to modify a muffler with pipes and one sees that Poulan did it from the factory.

To clarify on my BP655, it is not a boost port engine. I got it labeled that way. I do have a good boost port cylinder though, but not the matching piston (I wonder if I HAVE to use the BP piston.)

Chris B.

Chris, I didn't forget the red one, but it was getting late and figured I'd maybe start a new thread on it instead of just wasting it here in the Poulan thread.

And yes it threw the chips the farthest! Bad assed saw...
I hear ya about the picture release, but Mark H done the same thing to me so what the heck.

I really want to thank you for bringing those saws over, it was a blast and it was a nice visit!

Hey, I don't remember signing any release to post pictures of me! Seriously though, glad you liked them. I don't see any shots of the 2100. Mark, why don't you tell the guys which saw flung chips the farthest...well, at least once I got the chain installed right.

Mark also brought out some of his nice saws. The Craftsman 5200 was actually pretty nice and a good runner. Funny how people go out of their way to modify a muffler with pipes and one sees that Poulan did it from the factory.

To clarify on my BP655, it is not a boost port engine. I got it labeled that way. I do have a good boost port cylinder though, but not the matching piston (I wonder if I HAVE to use the BP piston.)

Chris B.

i'd take that old setup on that 655 then u could use the cyl. i wood like to see my 655 going again
jnl

:popcorn::clap:

Mark & Chris. You guys are making ,me jealous :cheers:

:ices_rofl:
Here then is another view of me with the 655! :rock:
attachment.php

1982 Poulans

Here is a link to download the pages of this Poulan brochure from 1982 I got recently. Don't know how to make a .pdf file, so I scaned them as .jpg files.

Page 8 is kinda interesting, showing some specs for the different models. Tells the composition of the various rings/pistons/cylinders. I know there was some disscusion on that subject a while back.

Each page is about 10meg file, but you can enlarge and read them well!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d3ed05dd6e078c6d4c17ca8801618ef75fe0642c9c7373a75d27c407d4c31e46

:cheers:
Gregg,

Latest posts

Back