Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well been talking poulan saw a while so bought time i prove i belong. here is a new to me 4200. nastiest saw i ever seen. don't know huw it was running but after about 4 hours here it is
jnl

attachment.php

attachment.php

There thats better!

Jason my young friend you have done well!!!

Very nice!

You seem to be missing the bucking spikes! Yikes. I happen to have a set that I removed from my 4200 Craftsman when I was cutting small wood. They slowed it down. They were in the top of my tool box when my barn burned down. I think I have them around here somewhere. If they won't fit on my new/old 3400 I will send them to you. Now if I could just get someone to send me a nice small set of Stihl copied spikes :hmm3grin2orange:for my 330 it would be perfect Karma!!!!!

:ices_rofl::hmm3grin2orange:

mite can do better have the spike of f a 019t that someone mite could have if he asked. then he could make his own
jnl

Anybody got 2 extra clutch shoes laying around for a 3700?...A guy I work w/ was trying to fix one for a friend and blew the clutch up...:dizzy:...

Just so happens one of the parts saws I picked up has 2 shoes! They lost one......

I guess that guy don't need the Homelite now? If its the same guy from work he's better off with a 3700 anyway believe me.

I just want to send a big thank you to Mark...Finally got a chance to make it over and get the shoes and visit for a while...:yourock:

I think Joe is the one we should ask how the weather is. This noreaster is raising havic in the northeast. It offered us 4 more inches last night. Was planning to go cut some wood today but maybe next weekend.

I think Joe is the one we should ask how the weather is. This noreaster is raising havic in the northeast. It offered us 4 more inches last night. Was planning to go cut some wood today but maybe next weekend.

I took your advice on how to post a picture..it was easier than I thought. By the way, here in southern Indiana we've been lucky, only 1 or 2 big snows (it's snowing now) but not much on the ground right now.

Good deal. Now go find a saw take a picture of it and post it!!!!

Yeah I'm in Southern Michigan. We have not much snow this winter but when we do it's 3-4 at a time.

Yea spring time is when things pick up mowers get tuned up for the season blade sales pick up for the gator blades Tires get sold tillers get pulled out to plant gardens getting ready to put a ad in my local paper which goes out to over 15,000 residents in the area in that paper will be a $ 24.95 tune up special on push mowers coupon

do you think that will catch eyes ?

2 good jobs will pay for the ad price

Last edited:
I thought I’d try here first, before I spring for these items new for my PP260. Does anyone (in there spare parts) have a used switch, choke lever grommet, throttle cable grommet, the 4 screws for the recoil cover and, 1 screw for the top cover that I could buy?

Kevin

Yea spring time is when things pick up mowers get tuned up for the season blade sales pick up for the gator blades Tires get sold tillers get pulled out to plant gardens getting ready to put a ad in my local paper which goes out to over 15,000 residents in the area in that paper will be a $ 24.95 tune up special on push mowers coupon

do you think that will catch eyes ?

2 good jobs will pay for the ad price

Calvin, I think it would help if you'd list what is included in your $24.95 tune-up special.

I thought I’d try here first, before I spring for these items new for my PP260. Does anyone (in there spare parts) have a used switch, choke lever grommet, throttle cable grommet, the 4 screws for the recoil cover and, 1 screw for the top cover that I could buy?

Kevin

Yes I think I have all of them. Check your PM's

?'s about Poulan 361 project saw

I have a 361 that runs.
Does the drop down part of clutch housing serve as chain catcher?
Anybody have a # for crank seals? Aftermarket would be good, I might
can get them from local bearing & seal suppliers.

Calvin (Lawnmowertech 37) came up with a starter pawl spring.
I have had this old saw at least 5 years.

I have a 361 that runs.

1914 is the crankshaft seal #

I have a 361 that runs.

I just bought a whole gasket/seal set from a seller on ebay when I did mine. It was like $13 shipped, so it was a no brainer since I was taking the saw all the way down anyway.

I don't remember them being special though and I'm almost positive they could be matched up with new seals from someplace like Motion Industries.

Interesting you bring this up though as I just brought my 361 out today as my dad and his friend wanted to see the bow in action. It started in 4 pulls after setting at least 4 months.

1914 is the crankshaft seal #

Yes that is the clutch side seal, the flywheel side is #1986

I'm gettin mighty jealous of you guys that have been cuttin wood recently.
I have several Poulans, that I havn't had a chance to cut with yet. Dang snow!:mad:
I took a trip back to the woods yesterday with the 8N, to see what the conditions were like. Lets just say I barely made it back, just about got it hung up several times. Deep, wet, heavy snow.
Suppose to be a warm up of sorts over the next week. So maybe won't be to long to wait to hear the sound of old Poulans singing in the woods! LOL

:cheers:
Gregg,

I'm gettin mighty jealous of you guys that have been cuttin wood recently.
I have several Poulans, that I havn't had a chance to cut with yet. Dang snow!:mad:
I took a trip back to the woods yesterday with the 8N, to see what the conditions were like. Lets just say I barely made it back, just about got it hung up several times. Deep, wet, heavy snow.
Suppose to be a warm up of sorts over the next week. So maybe won't be to long to wait to hear the sound of old Poulans singing in the woods! LOL

:cheers:
Gregg,

Gee Gregg, I played golf yesterday! That's the advantage of Texas. However we don't have any trees in the Dallas area so the downfall is I have to go to Vermont for my chainsaw fun. Positive side is my CAD is enhanced as I have to outfit two locations! Was tellin Joe how my S25CVA is a real tiger in the wood. Gotta be one of the strongest 38cc saws I've ever used. I see why everyone likes em.
Bob

Back