Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee Gregg, I played golf yesterday! That's the advantage of Texas. However we don't have any trees in the Dallas area so the downfall is I have to go to Vermont for my chainsaw fun. Positive side is my CAD is enhanced as I have to outfit two locations! Was tellin Joe how my S25CVA is a real tiger in the wood. Gotta be one of the strongest 38cc saws I've ever used. I see why everyone likes em.
Bob

Yes, I have several S25DA's I'd like to try, will be a first for me.
I'm anxious to try the Super 380 also, and of course my 4000 with its new Super muffler I got from Mark!!:bowdown:

I just hate cutting wood tramping & stumbling around in knee deep wet snow..

Golf, Now thats something I havn't done either in about 10 years. The thing with that game, I would shoot the same scores now, as I did then.:cry:

I shoot about 100 all the time, never could improve..LOL

:cheers:
Gregg,

I have a 361 that runs.
Does the drop down part of clutch housing serve as chain catcher?
Anybody have a # for crank seals? Aftermarket would be good, I might
can get them from local bearing & seal suppliers.

Calvin (Lawnmowertech 37) came up with a starter pawl spring.
I have had this old saw at least 5 years.

good news i found the 1986 and the 1914 seals if interested let me know thanks
calvin

Last edited:
How much would I be lookin' at for a flywheel and recoil for a Poulan 3800??

The "dogs" attached to the flywheel broke. The "tounges" that stick out to catch the plastic catch nut of the recoil are broken off. The plastic catch nut on the recoil is broken too. :cry:

Do I dare ask if anyone has these and the price??

How much would I be lookin' at for a flywheel and recoil for a Poulan 3800??

The "dogs" attached to the flywheel broke. The "tounges" that stick out to catch the plastic catch nut of the recoil are broken off. The plastic catch nut on the recoil is broken too. :cry:

Do I dare ask if anyone has these and the price??

are you saying you need a new recoil assembly housing etc. and flywheel with the dawgs attached ?

I need just the recoil spool, maybe that would be called the housing assembly, I'm not too sure. The recoil cover is in good shape, but it's that "catch nut" on the recoil that is broken.

But yes, I do need a flywheel with the dawgs attached.

If it would be of some help, I can take pics of what's broken.

I need just the recoil spool, maybe that would be called the housing assembly, I'm not too sure. .
It's a pulley or sheave, And I guess 'spool' too.
A sheave (pronounced "shiv") is a wheel or roller with a groove along its edge for holding a belt, rope or cable.
The housing ass. is the part that the spring and sheave are attached to.
jim

Last edited:
A sheave (pronounced "shiv") is a wheel or roller with a groove along its edge for holding a belt, rope or cable.

Now that little I know. :)

I used to work at Bristol Mountain as a lift mechanic for 7 years. Those "wheels" that are on the towers that hold up the cable are sheaves.

Sucks in the dead of winter when a liner or bearing goes bad. :dizzy:

Thanks Jimbo! :D

I need just the recoil spool, maybe that would be called the housing assembly, I'm not too sure. The recoil cover is in good shape, but it's that "catch nut" on the recoil that is broken.

But yes, I do need a flywheel with the dawgs attached.

If it would be of some help, I can take pics of what's broken.

for now that will help i have a pdf maker software coming to me in the next few days once that gets here my work will begin on scanning these ipls and converting them to pdf files

Last edited:
for now that will help

IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6063.jpg

IMG_6064.jpg

IMG_6065.jpg

Woodchucker you need the starter pawls and recoil pulley,(that is the Husqvarna name for them)

On most saws the pawls are removable, but I am not sure on that one.
One of these knowledgable Poulan guys will be along shortly

Woodchucker you need the starter pawls and recoil pulley,(that is the Husqvarna name for them)

On most saws the pawls are removable, but I am not sure on that one.
One of these knowledgable Poulan guys will be along shortly

Recoil pulleys are still avalable from various Poulan parts sources. Part # is 530069290(replaces part 530028487) and sells for $7.90. I've tried removing the pawls but have never had much luck.

i can handle the pulley let rms handle the flywheel for you since i have not got a flywheel

but i do have the pulley

http://www.cmsmallengines.net/pulley-starter.html

price $ 7.18

Registered arboristsite members get 21 reward pts added to there acct on this item alone cause i give 3 reward pts per $ 1.00 purchase that goes for any item

Last edited:
Thanks l-tech.

Just placed an order. :cheers:

i see that and if you view your acct you will see on the right side of the page your acct details and notice you have 68 points on the acct that is cause the order you just placed earned you 21 of them pts so maybe this will let others know what they are missing out on on the reward pts system people that check out unregistered cannot obtain points cause there is no way i can add them and majority of the orders i do get are unregistered clients

im going to be putting a catalog together for Reward points redemption like FreePlay flashlights and other goodie items will be adding to that catalog once i get it designed correctly

besides i can do things that only Arboristsite members can see and the general public cannot see on my site

and that is also in the works a special catalog system just for AS members

i dunno if you ever heard of agri fab products before but im in the works in selling there product line that is the big equipment but with agri fab the freight cost is what is going to cost cause some of there equipment is 200 lbs
Also i will have some new stuff sun glasses for fisherman fisherman tackle fisherman supplies as well as hunting gear cause the distributor im set up with sales this stuff besides the ope parts

Last edited:
Back