Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mint Dayton-Poulan

There was a dang near mint little Dayton rebadged Poulan S25 in the group. I don't think it's had a tank ran through it. It had some dust, but very little sign of use. The only paint it has missing is a little on the bottom. I'm sure it will need a new fuel line. They always do. The first S25 fuel line I replaced I about through the saw through my window. I have did so many now over the years I can do the job now in my sleep.
attachment.php

Last edited:
There was a dang near mint little Dayton rebadged Poulan S25 in the group. I don't think it's had a tank ran through it. It had some dust, but very little sign of use. The only paint it has missing is a little on the bottom. I'm sure it will need a new fuel line. They always do. The first S25 fuel line I replaced I about through the saw through my window. I have did so many now over the years I can do the job now in my sleep.
attachment.php

And I know where you can shed yourself of that one too!

Mike

I went out today and hit a few saw shops. I made a nice haul. The last shop I stopped at was a Huskey dealer. I walked in and a salesman came up and asked to help me. I asked about any old or junks saws they may have for sale. He said that there may be an old junk yellow Poulan back there if I would be interested in that. "Sure I said". He comes back out with this and says 20 bucks. It is missing the clutch and sprocket. It runs perfect. 165 psi of comp. Where do I find a clutch for this "junk" yellow Poulan?:)
attachment.php
[/IMG]

That is one saw I have been searching for. If you want to sell PM me with price as I have clutch and big bore kit ready to slip on that little darlin.

attachment.php

Wow 2 awesome saws! The Poulan pro is a Jred I think so the clutch should be easy to find. That dayton is mint I have the same saw I thught mine was in great condition.

S25DA Fuel Cap Vent

Just thought I would add this little tidbit out there for you S25 guys, incase ya don't allready know about it. Some time ago I ordered several of the Homelite duckbill valves that Mark showed in a thread to replace the one in the fuel cap on the S25.
Finally got around to working on that saw yesterday, and wouldn't you know it, I couldn't find where I put those dang things, so I would know where they were.:dizzy:
Anyway, I was looking through some bags of extra parts and such, and found a few items I had ordered, but didn't use on the super 380 while working on that. The tank vent system on the 380 and I suppose others like it, is under a bronze vent. I didn't bother with changing that. Was looking at the duckbill valve that came with that. Looks like a dead ringer for the caps on the S25's.

It fit great, didn't have to drill out the star washer. :)

Here is the part # 530026119 incase someone is interested.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Just thought I would add this little tidbit out there for you S25 guys, incase ya don't allready know about it. Some time ago I ordered several of the Homelite duckbill valves that Mark showed in a thread to replace the one in the fuel cap on the S25.
Finally got around to working on that saw yesterday, and wouldn't you know it, I couldn't find where I put those dang things, so I would know where they were.:dizzy:
Anyway, I was looking through some bags of extra parts and such, and found a few items I had ordered, but didn't use on the super 380 while working on that. The tank vent system on the 380 and I suppose others like it, is under a bronze vent. I didn't bother with changing that. Was looking at the duckbill valve that came with that. Looks like a dead ringer for the caps on the S25's.

It fit great, didn't have to drill out the star washer. :)

Here is the part # 530026119 incase someone is interested.

:cheers:
Gregg,

gregg that 26119 was that the ones you ordered awhile back from my site ?

need any caps for the 25s ? i have them

Last edited:
Question. What other Poulan's, besides the 330, 380, 3450 and 3750, have a mag vertically split crankcase, and 'modern' features such as a chainbrake, electronic ignition and AV.

Kevin

Question. What other Poulan's, besides the 330, 380, 3450 and 3750, have a mag vertically split crankcase, and 'modern' features such as a chainbrake, electronic ignition and AV.

Kevin

Man, that is a loaded question. I know the 455, 505, and 655 did. Also there were several 425, 475, and 525's did. I have a 4000 that has the brake on it also. There's a bunch of them.

How much are they???
I went to your site but couldn't find them.

Mike

mike i will add some tommorrow after i get a count of how many are there i have about 150 part #s to go thru mainly old old parts

right now im in roanoke rapids nc have a NC EMT exam in the morning so i went up today instead of waiting till in the morning and driving 4 hrs

Last edited:
Well guys, the model 91 came in yesterday and I got to work on it a bit today. I had two saws in front of it on the workbench so I didn't get it completely done, but the hard stuff is done. First off the saw is in great condition and complete. Once it is all the way cleaned it will be about 85-90% on the paint. The bar was shot though as someone tried to re-grind a curve in the bar tip and ground off all the herdening.That's ok though as I have a nice 32" homelite bar and chain that will fit. The saw was supposed to be locked up and sure felt like it when I first got it, but it was as I suspected. After removing the muffler and plug and applying some penetrating oil to soak while I worked on cleaning it, I put a rachet on the nut on the clutch side and real slowly applied some pressure. Sure enough with a loud sucking noise it came free and has no scoring at all. I guess it WAS just locked up from sitting. It pulls over very smoothly now albeit with monstrous compression. I was suprised how stron the comp is. Anyway it has a nice fat spark and has a tillotson carb that I have rebuild kits for, so next time I see it it will be cutting wood. I will be catching up on a bunch of videos on sunday and will be sure to post the 91 barking and snorting.

Kevin

Poulan Pro 285 305 335 365. Poulan 2700 2800 3000 3300. Not all of them had the brake standard though, but they were offered for all of them I think.

Latest posts

Back