Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd get some heat in the saw before final tuning, It sounds a little rich in the vid, but the these old Poulans seem to like running a bit rich, it ain't no ported 372.:cheers:

That's kinda what I'm thinking. It's a little bit rich, but I don't wanna run it like one of J.Walker's saws. :)

I'll do what you said and tune it when it's warm. I'll use a tach and try to avoid going over 9,500.

Anyone know what the screw head is on the H & L carb screws on the Poulan 4620?

It looks like a Torx head but I dont have any that are that small and narrow enough to get into the opening. I suppose I could take it with me to the local hardware store & try some out, but I figured one of your fine fellows would know :)

I am pretty sure its a walbro carburetor so maybe there's a special adjustment tool for this?

Thanks in advance, poulan-masters ;)

splined carburetor tool

If it is splined knob screw needing a nutdriver type tool, 530035560
may be what you are looking for (check E-bay).
There have been threads about using electrical butt splices and metal
tubing to turn this type screw.

If it is splined knob screw needing a nutdriver type tool, 530035560
may be what you are looking for (check E-bay).
There have been threads about using electrical butt splices and metal
tubing to turn this type screw.

Oh wow. You mean like this:

218YS6z%2BHUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

so you actually have to turn the screw on the outside (like a ratchet), not by putting a bit in the middle of the screw head?

If it is this type screw adjustment

There are also double-D's, pac-man type screws & more needing
special drivers. If it did just need a male TORX driver, I have Craftsman
drivers that would work, you have to buy the whole driver for a tight place.

He came up with a starter pawl spring for a Poulan 361 I have; it was made
in the 60's ASFAIK.

i have a question is there any chance i can make $ 874.00 by the 30th ?

in sales ?

my mom is needing help big time her bills are getting to be past due 2 months cause of her being on social security she dont know what to pay i am getting ready to be her power of attorney for her finances so i can get her bills payed

Last edited:
That's a really clean poulan bow saw. me likey very much. Might even trade that mosin nagent for it.lol
Its actually pretty dirty right now. But the outside doesnt show much use. But Ive seen saws like that before- see my 288Lite :cry: Ill clean it up tommorow if I dont end up at the drag strip

A mosin for a poulan? I dont know who is getting the worse deal :D

LOL Stephen, I dont know how bars separate like that :confused:

Dang!! LP Thats a beauty, original, unrestored saw you have there. Just a little dirty, but not much wear to it.
I'm sure Mark will agree when he comes along. He recently aquired a good lookin 245 bow from down south I believe.

Nice one:clap:

:cheers:
Gregg,

Thanks guys, I should have asked if "we" (smilin possum and I) can be in the club. He says that is his saw. :)

Looks like it will have to wait till saturday to get cleaned up.

Thanks guys, I should have asked if "we" (smilin possum and I) can be in the club. He says that is his saw. :)

Looks like it will have to wait till saturday to get cleaned up.
Aww, Don't worry about cleaning it up. just give me a location to ship the mosin nagant.lol Both of are very welcome in the club. Shoot if they even took me.

LP thanks for the pictures it now confirms a parts i have out in the shop i never knew what these go too that handle supporter for one

on the 306 as well as that bar cover

Yes and that confirms what I have been saying all along when your on here complaining why you never sell nothing. You don't know what you have! You cant sell squat if you cannot tell me what parts you have.

Do you know what other parts you need to go with those parts? I'm betting not.

I would have bought them from you long ago if I knew you had them.

Too late I have them now.

Thanks for the comments guys. The only thing visually wrong with it as far as I can tell is the piece that holds the air filter cover on is hard to remove with a screwdriver. I used a pair of chanel locks with a rag in the jaws. But as much use as it will see I dont think it will matter
I plan to clean it up tommorow and give it a small check over.

Oh so now we have 2 poulans- a 306 and a WiLdThInG :buttkick:
Dont worry though, 67 has taught me that not all Poulans are bad. I ran his 5200 and I liked it pretty good. Wouldnt take much to convert me to the green if there were more of them around.

Hey 67, wipe the drool off your mouth

Thanks for the comments guys. The only thing visually wrong with it as far as I can tell is the piece that holds the air filter cover on is hard to remove with a screwdriver. I used a pair of chanel locks with a rag in the jaws. But as much use as it will see I dont think it will matter
I plan to clean it up tommorow and give it a small check over.

Oh so now we have 2 poulans- a 306 and a WiLdThInG :buttkick:
Dont worry though, 67 has taught me that not all Poulans are bad. I ran his 5200 and I liked it pretty good. Wouldnt take much to convert me to the green if there were more of them around.

Hey 67, wipe the drool off your mouth
We better get a pic of that saw cleaned up. Looks like it will clean up to look new.

Yes and that confirms what I have been saying all along when your on here complaining why you never sell nothing. You don't know what you have! You cant sell squat if you cannot tell me what parts you have.

Do you know what other parts you need to go with those parts? I'm betting not.

I would have bought them from you long ago if I knew you had them.

Too late I have them now.

I tried to find some parts on his website and all I got was part numbers. On some saws I don't have a parts list and pics would be nice along with a description of what it is. Maybe just copy Chainsawr would work.

Latest posts

Back