Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my My Week In Chainsaws thread I said I was gonna stop buying saws. I made it for over a week. Then tonight I check craigslist and a guy has a good running 3700 for 40 bucks. I have been looking for one for a year and at that price I could not resist. So know I am not ashamed to be a member of the poulan owners group. As soon as I get it cleaned up I will post pics.

you will hate that saw! It is heavy and underpowered. Send it to me. I will plant it in the land fill where it will no longer dissapoint anyone.

start looking for a 4200 or 5200. You will like them a lot more!:cheers:

How about a 4900. I have one but it needs a piston and cylinder.

Some of us Green saw lovers are planning for a Poulan GTG, Saturday May 1st. at my place here in Ohio. Anyone is welcome to pitch a tent or get a motel if you don't want to drive home late, after running saws, and BS'ing into the evening over a few cold ones. LOL

Ive got a number of white & red oak logs we can play with. Should be a great opertunity to see & run some dandy, older, green iron.:)

MoparMike & ModifiedMark will be there!! That in itself is worth the trip!:clap:
Lots of old Poulan knowledge right there.

Will have something to eat also, burgers, dogs, brats, pop, etc..Maybe Nik (Fatguy) will bring some CHEESE...LOL

Anyone that wants to attend, just send me a PM, and I'll get ya some directions.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Man oh man I'd love to go but its just too far. Over 1,000 miles. Have fun and be safe.
Bob

Man oh man I'd love to go but its just too far. Over 1,000 miles. Have fun and be safe.
Bob

I understand, Bob. There are many GTG's I'd love to attend, just to many miles. when ya talk to guys on a PC, everyone seems like just a stones throw away, untill you see the logistical problems on a map! :cry:

Maybe you will have to find a reason to be in Vermont, around that time period. You'd be over half way there..!!! LOL

Gregg,

Yes, was watching that one, but thats about all I did unfortunately.:cry:
It sat at $15 or so for a while, thought it might make a good parts source for another one. Even that was questionable to me, but ended up going for $150 with shipping!!!
Needless to say, I guess the only way I'm gonna find a good one, at a reasonable price, is to stumble on a local barn find, that some retired farmer hasn't used in 20 years! :D

Gregg,

It sat at $15 or so for a while, thought it might make a good parts source for another one. Even that was questionable to me, but ended up going for $150 with shipping!!!
Needless to say, I guess the only way I'm gonna find a good one, at a reasonable price, is to stumble on a local barn find, that some retired farmer hasn't used in 20 years! :D

Gregg,

im still lookin for one for you gregg

Gregg,

I'm kinda surprised it brought that also since it had a broken case. "IF" the P/C were good (its ebay remember!) it was worth some money though.

I'm going to do you guys a favor, I'm not bringing any 5200's to Ohio. That way you won't be tempted to want one quite so bad. :givebeer:

But

I have cash and beer and know women of questionable virtue!!!!!!!!:cheers:

Mike

In that case I might be willing to let mine go. I'm not interested in the beer...well, two out of three ain't bad!?

I'm going to do you guys a favor, I'm not bringing any 5200's to Ohio. That way you won't be tempted to want one quite so bad. :givebeer:

I'm not going to be that nice, I'm bringing mine, Mark. So I'll need you to bring one to compare it too.

Latest posts

Back