Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, why not.:clap: I'd like to see just how they do compare, I never ran a 5200. My 385 is totally stock, not even a muffler mod.

I never ran a MS460 either, for that matter...(Hint)

:cheers:
Gregg,

It'll be there for sure! Has'nt ran in about 6 months so I hope she'll fire up.LOL

I live on the western side of Indiana, close to Illinois. Still not as far as some. I wasn't gonna bash the Poulans; thought they might bash me but got to looking and I own 4 nice little Poulans. No 5200s though.

Well, Im right off US 30, so if ya can find that, you can find me.LOL
If want some more detailed directions, I can PM them to ya.

Gregg,

I hope to be able to pry the 505 away from dad to so we can compare it with it's 82.7cc's. It's totally stock without a MM too.

I hope to be able to pry the 505 away from dad to so we can compare it with it's 82.7cc's. It's totally stock without a MM too.

I did have the 3700 & super 380 out few weeks ago, to do a little test. Two like saws, old vs newer design. The old won out by about a 5-6 second avg.
Was quite suprised.

Gregg,

Well, Im right off US 30, so if ya can find that, you can find me.LOL
If want some more detailed directions, I can PM them to ya.

Gregg,

Thanks for the invite but I doubt I'll have the time right now. I thought when I retired I'd have more time for things I like but turns out I have less. I'm gonna have to have someone smart show me how to manage my time, I guess.

In your piles of parts saws, might someone have the spring for the oiler for a 3400? Man I hate it when those springs get a mind of their own and take off and don't leave a destination slip. I search for over an hour last night for one and no luck at all. If not laying around, might someone have the Poulan number for it???? Thanks

In your piles of parts saws, might someone have the spring for the oiler for a 3400? Man I hate it when those springs get a mind of their own and take off and don't leave a destination slip. I search for over an hour last night for one and no luck at all. If not laying around, might someone have the Poulan number for it???? Thanks

It's 530023358. Poulan lists them for $1.01.

http://www.ordertree.com/PartLookupResults.asp

New to Me McCulloch (NOT)

An other craigslist find. Listed as a Poulan, a Craftsman & a McCulloch. The picture clearly showed a Poulan (I couldn't read the decal), a Craftsman & a WildThing. I called & said I was mostly interested in the Poulan. He was thinking WildThing & I said "no, the yellow Poulan". he insisted it was a McCulloch. I met him anyway & it was this 330. No-to-very little compression. The piston looks bad. I paid $25 for it anyway (too much?). I'll rely on you Poulan guys as to how far I take this. I already have a new 330 & I like it. Maybe a project saw w/ some mods?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

An other craigslist find. Listed as a Poulan, a Craftsman & a McCulloch. The picture clearly showed a Poulan (I couldn't read the decal), a Craftsman & a WildThing. I called & said I was mostly interested in the Poulan. He was thinking WildThing & I said "no, the yellow Poulan". he insisted it was a McCulloch. I met him anyway & it was this 330. No-to-very little compression. The piston looks bad. I paid $25 for it anyway (too much?). I'll rely on you Poulan guys as to how far I take this. I already have a new 330 & I like it. Maybe a project saw w/ some mods?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

For $25.00 you had to take it. You can always pick up a P&C for it on Ebay, assuming the old ones can't be saved.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

If you decide you don't want it I'll give your money back and pay shipping.

That 330 looks to be a fine start for a modded 380 project for sure. Get the 60cc P/C if your going to have to buy one anyway.

Brand new OEM parts are about $140.

You're saying what I was thinking! I was thinking it was a cheap entry into a modded saw. The real issue my lack of knowledge. I think there will be alot of searching here, before I go too far.

Back