Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gas in this one smells worse than the left-over gas in some of the 30+ year old saw I've found.

It looks like a beaver chewed on it!

LOL, :clap: I was gonna say it looked like squirrels been gnawing on it..I don't think I could do that with a grinder.

I think I would follow Marks advice and might as well go the 60cc route on a rebuild, if ya decide to go that way. Which by the looks of the piston, I can't imagine the cyl. will look any better. But, ya never know, till ya take it apart.
Will be a interesting to see what ya find.
Good Luck with it.

:cheers:
Gregg,

It's 530023358. Poulan lists them for $1.01.

http://www.ordertree.com/PartLookupResults.asp

Steve did you know ordertree is right down the street from you ?

happens to be the poulan headquarters parts house where i get my parts from but ordertree is consumer based my distributor is dealer based pricing

but same building
Yep been there a couple times for training

That same part would be under a 1.00 thru me

That 330 looks to be a fine start for a modded 380 project for sure. Get the 60cc P/C if your going to have to buy one anyway.

Brand new OEM parts are about $140.

Mark guess what oem parts the piston and cylinder for the 380 is $ 113.54 since free shipping over $ 100.00 will apply and for the 300 the cost for a cylinder and piston is $ 93.00 plus $ 6.95 shipping

now all 4 i can get my hands on

Mark guess what oem parts the piston and cylinder for the 380 is $ 113.54 since free shipping over $ 100.00 will apply and for the 300 the cost for a cylinder and piston is $ 93.00 plus $ 6.95 shipping

I'll contact you after I get the time to take it apart & see where I'm at.

Poulan S25DA

I started cleaning up my most recent Poulan S25DA. I'm goingt to buy a carb kit of ebay - K10-WAT [43-20-WAT].

Any tips on cleaning out the exhaust port? It doesnt have a huge amount of buildup, but I would like to clean it out a little. Can I do this safely without anything getting in the combustion chamber? I'm thinking if I just flip it over and clean it out carefully with a screwdriver, it'll just fall out instead of back in the chamber.

Also, can I set points with a feeler guage?

Steve did you know ordertree is right down the street from you ?

happens to be the poulan headquarters parts house where i get my parts from but ordertree is consumer based my distributor is dealer based pricing

but same building
Yep been there a couple times for training

That same part would be under a 1.00 thru me

I know, but still doesn't help me get parts any sooner. Last order took 3 or 4 weeks. Justin's even closer than I am not that he ever orders anything from Poulan. He lives in Brown Summit, same place Ordertree is.

I started cleaning up my most recent Poulan S25DA. I'm goingt to buy a carb kit of ebay - K10-WAT [43-20-WAT].

Any tips on cleaning out the exhaust port? It doesnt have a huge amount of buildup, but I would like to clean it out a little. Can I do this safely without anything getting in the combustion chamber? I'm thinking if I just flip it over and clean it out carefully with a screwdriver, it'll just fall out instead of back in the chamber.

Also, can I set points with a feeler guage?

Josh,

I hold the vacuum cleaner hose up to the port and gently scrape the carbon loose with a needle file.

Mike

Calvin, I was quoting cyl and piston!!!

Now what can you do for both??????

Awhile back in this thread I mentioned that I still had the two Poulan 306A`s dad and I owned and run together in the woods here in N.S. Had them out today and this is the first time picts were ever taken of them.

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201335.jpg

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201339.jpg

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201338.jpg

Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back