Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would I vacuum test, or put pressure on a crank case to find leaks if it doesn't use an impulse line?

Also, what does the impulse line do? What does a saw without an impulse use in place of an impulse line?

Thanks.

**** Edit ****
Guess I should have searched..
http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=106406

You test thru the sparkplug hole. My pressure/vacuum tester has an adaptor for the sparkplug hole. Make sure when you use the plug hole that piston is at BDC. If you use the impulse line, piston is at TDC

Joe, I finished up the S25DA today.

attachment.php

Thats a sweet SDA.....Mark!

Folks don't realize what a good running and powerful saw it is for being only 38cc.

When properly tuned...they are a Runnin' Jessie!

I like mine so much....that it is the saw I always have with me on the Ranch.

Most of the time....trees across the road... or on a fenceline... are not much over 12" in diameter. I know the saw was designed primarily for limbing and bucking small trees, but it will fell trees (14" and under) with authority.

They really scream at full throttle...but have a cool throaty sounding burble at idle, love that.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed its too far for me. However I expect you guys to provide pictures, etc. of your GTG. Have fun and be safe.
Bob

Steve and I were saying today, that its a shame Bob can't be here.:cry:
Its funny you mention pictures & videos..LOL We were back cutting today, and were about finished when we both at the same time realized, neither of us remembered to bring are camers back with us..:dizzy:

Hope to get some tomorrow, if us old guys can remember the cameras...

:cheers:
Gregg,

Allready burned up some gas today:clap: 67Mustang was here today, got to run some of his super nice big Poulans. Looking forward to tomorrow!!

Gregg,

Its like this

Camera and cellphone are charging
map quest directions to the gtg and the hotel in Findlay are in the visor
the passport is in the glovebox.
Two of my Poulans are with Nik
some greenbacks are in my wallet
a change of clothes is in the back seat
spare key is hidden in the car
a mixing bottle and litre of synthetic are in the cargo area
What else do i need?

Last edited:
Its like this

a mixing bottle and litre of synthetic are in the cargo area
What else do i need?

beer

Its like this

What else do i need?

Uhh, maybe go down and pick up Nik and your saws!! Wasn't there a tale of getting lost..getting to Erick's GTG last fall..LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

Looking forward to meeting you, and seeing Nik again.

P.S. Might tell him we have pre-sliced cheese, just for him..LOL

Gregg,

Steve and I were saying today, that its a shame Bob can't be here.:cry:
Its funny you mention pictures & videos..LOL We were back cutting today, and were about finished when we both at the same time realized, neither of us remembered to bring are camers back with us..:dizzy:

Hope to get some tomorrow, if us old guys can remember the cameras...

Gregg,

Yes it would be great for Bob and Randy to make it but if the shoe were on the other foot and the GTG was in the deep south I doubt that I could do that either. Those are two guys I want to meet without a doubt.

Uhh, maybe go down and pick up Nik and your saws!! Wasn't there a tale of getting lost..getting to Erick's GTG last fall..LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

Looking forward to meeting you, and seeing Nik again.

P.S. Might tell him we have pre-sliced cheese, just for him..LOL

Gregg,

I am looking forward to meeting all you good folks

well I wish I could be there. Lots of people that i know but never met.if someone has time cut a cookie for me. also Mark you remember my 4200 poulan well i have one coming that is almost its twin but it is red. can't wait to get them together for a picture. ya'll have fun and be safe
jnl

I'll cut a cookie for ya Jason. It may not be the fastest cookie that was cut there but I'll cut one for ya anyhow buddy!:cheers:

Im starting to believe that I should have rode on up with Steve.
Although the only green saw I had was a Husky :jawdrop: lol

Oh wait, 306 bowsaw too.

Yall have a good time!

Latest posts

Back