Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I was at Greggs he sent a Walbro HDA 137 carb home with me. This is the same size carb as the newer HDA 164 that someone with a bad taste for 330's swore was too big for these saws.

When time permits I'm going to change this one to my PP365 to see what happens. I'm guessing it will give a performance increase.

While I was at Greggs he sent a Walbro HDA 137 carb home with me. This is the same size carb as the newer HDA 164 that someone with a bad taste for 330's swore was too big for these saws.

When time permits I'm going to change this one to my PP365 to see what happens. I'm guessing it will give a performance increase.

I'm guessing same the same thing Mark. Should run like a top!

I'll be glad to see them, what all did you have to do to it and did ya do anything extra to it? :hmm3grin2orange: Are we talking a green one or a sears colored one?

Yes I would like to know that also along with the pictures.

Its a Poulan, all green. I got it and a parts 3400. The 3800 ran with a new carb kit, but the p/c are scored. I have a 3.7 p/c coming, and a NOS rebuild kit.

I got excited because the seller had a 4000 topend, but I was tool late on the purchase, and missed out.

All I plan to do to this saw is set squish as tight as prudent, and muffler mod it.

I would love to do a muffler mod on this, a mild port match up and a 60cc cylinder and piston and then hand it to one my chain saw snob buddies running Husky's and Stihls of the same size and have them tell me if they still think Poulans are junk.

And then I can tell them they are using a 20 year old worn out saw, imagine what it was like when it was new!:chainsawguy:

Cylinder looks like the muffler is the same as my 3000. If so I enlarged holes in baffle and interior deflector. I then drilled too 1/2 in. holes in front of muffler(lack of welding ability).

attachment.php

attachment.php

It almost makes up for the Poulan 4200 that I missed out on a couple of days ago...

the 4200 u missed out on would it look like this one?

Last edited:
New Projects

Thought I would just post this here in the Poulan thread. Got a few projects to start on.:) A 245A, S25CVA, Model 47. If anyone knows what size this 47 is, I would appreciate it. Mike Acres site lists it as a 92.5cc. It runs, but I just can't imagine its that big. Sounds like a much smaller saw to me:confused:

Here they are as I got them, First the 245A
100_0311.jpg

100_0314.jpg

100_0312.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Your 47 has the same topend as a 31,32,super 33. I think it is around 80 something ccs. That is one compact 4200. Just kidding. Sorry for your loss.

Gregg, according to my calculation (per acres site) 55.56mm bore and 38mm stroke is 92.2 cc's. I've always used the formula of bore x bore x stroke x number of cylinders x .7854. When dealing with chainsaw's (metric system) to convert from MM to CM you also have to multiply the final answer by .001.

That calculation would be correct if it had the 92 cc topend but I am 99% confident that it does not.

Got my topend today, and its not what the seller said it would be. Its from a 3400. Im not exactly happy about it.

Im not gonna go into a tirade and throw a fit like I have seen done here before. I have left a message, and will wait for a response. People do make mistakes, and I will give him every opportunity to correct it. I am sure he will, as they are a site sponsor here.

I have taken pics of the sizes, and will post later when I finish work for the night.

It was from an AS member? I hope it turns out well for you.

They are a paying sponsor. I wont state their name until they have a chance to reply. I have no doubt we will work it out. The P/C they sent will fit, and is in decent shape, just not what it was supposed to be.

Back