Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my PP475 also to get some time on it and he was surprised when it took his MS460 to school as well. LOL This 475 is really starting to run better with some more time on it.

Woodchuck John said it would and I believe him.

I'm glad to hear that it's running better Mark. I like the Poulans but my 460 will be waiting to see the 475 at Greg's next get together! LOL:chainsaw:

Then if they don't start PDQ, it becomes pull-on preceded & followed
by some worse language.

LOL...

i had one of those today...

I have an S25 CVA, and I'm pretty sure the made a Micro with a CV system.
Mark will know off the top of his head.
I'll have to look it up!:cry:

Mike

I suppose my question was in the 3400/3700 series... what was the smallest front/rear handle saw made.. curious if there was a 3.0?

J

LOL...

i had one of those today...

I suppose my question was in the 3400/3700 series... what was the smallest front/rear handle saw made.. curious if there was a 3.0?

J

The smallest so called Counter Vibe off hand would have been the 2300CVA. Same displacement as the S25CVA but a cheaper lighter model.

In rear handles I think it would be the 3400.

Yes they made a antivbe 3.0 as well as a 2.8 but those were not called Countervibes.

The smallest so called Counter Vibe off hand would have been the 2300CVA. Same displacement as the S25CVA but a cheaper lighter model.

In rear handles I think it would be the 3400.

Yes they made a antivbe 3.0 as well as a 2.8 but those were not called Countervibes.

That's what i was thinking...

i picked up two of the same (appearance) saws the other day... one with an 18" bar, and the 3.7 has the orig 20, and the safety chain...

here's a couple pics of my countervibe lineup, and a couple other gray colored units... more top handles somewhere including the poulan pro's..

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

the last two are my current projects.

a rear handle 2.3 craftsman
and a 2.8 that ran SUPER earlier this year...i think it's needing fuel system work now.... ugh.

J

the 'real' poulan, and the 3rd one from the left in the top pic ( 3rd one from the right in the 2nd pic) have NEVER been cleaned... that's how i got them.

the 1st three from the left are 3700's.. i think the next is a 3400...

the 'real' poulan, and the 3rd one from the left in the top pic ( 3rd one from the right in the 2nd pic) have NEVER been cleaned... that's how i got them.

the 1st three from the left are 3700's.. i think the next is a 3400...

Most of the gray Craftsman 3.7 that I have seen are actually 3800's. Check if you want to but I'm thinking they have the thick ring, chrome piston, and plain aluminum cyl.

The 3700 versions had thin rings and chrome bores.

Most of the gray Craftsman 3.7 that I have seen are actually 3800's. Check if you want to but I'm thinking they have the thick ring, chrome piston, and plain aluminum cyl.

The 3700 versions had thin rings and chrome bores.

Same displacement?? why would they make a 3700 and a 3800?? extra cost in mnf to run two lines...

plain alum?? wow. have i been around swedish and german saws too much to think they all would be chrome??

i told you guys they procreate when your not looking!

J

That's what i was thinking...

i picked up two of the same (appearance) saws the other day... one with an 18" bar, and the 3.7 has the orig 20, and the safety chain...

here's a couple pics of my countervibe lineup, and a couple other gray colored units... more top handles somewhere including the poulan pro's..

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

the last two are my current projects.

a rear handle 2.3 craftsman
and a 2.8 that ran SUPER earlier this year...i think it's needing fuel system work now.... ugh.

J

Boy you and I have the same sickness. I have a least 4- 3400's, 4- 3700's and 3 -4000's. PLus spare cases etc. to build additional saws. Haven't mentioned other POulan, Stihls and Husky saws. Just picked up a POulan 3700 Bow saw that I haven't put in the wood yet but has 155 comp. after replacing cylinder w/o a gasket. Sonfar so good so long as I don't injure myself using the saw.

Boy you and I have the same sickness. I have a least 4- 3400's, 4- 3700's and 3 -4000's. PLus spare cases etc. to build additional saws. Haven't mentioned other POulan, Stihls and Husky saws. Just picked up a POulan 3700 Bow saw that I haven't put in the wood yet but has 155 comp. after replacing cylinder w/o a gasket. Sonfar so good so long as I don't injure myself using the saw.

God, i know....

Just today, another one, almost new looking (but in pieces) walked into the yard with a 20: mcculloch bar and 2 spare chains, while i watched the $20 blow away....ugh.

J

Back