Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it wasn't so far, you could come over to my house...I've got about three maple trees that have split and I'm going to have to cut them up later in the fall. I guess they were struck by lightning, they were alright before this year. Should be plenty of cutting to do.

Yea, they all seem to be too far for me to travel to. Need to find one on Ark., Okla. etc

Yup, it's all Mark's fault:greenchainsaw:

Go ahead and pile on boys I got broad shoulders! :)

I agree Gregg. I needed one like I needed a whole in the head. I'll never use it here in Texas and maybe a little in Vermont. Just wish I had more opportunities to use my saws.

Bob, thats a neat looking bow saw you got there. Good job.

Ok, but I usually make my "cookies" about 18 inches thick!

Yeah me too but I useally shoot for 16" cookies but they useally end up 14-18. LOL

Go ahead and pile on boys I got broad shoulders! :)

Bob, thats a neat looking bow saw you got there. Good job.

Yeah me too but I useally shoot for 16" cookies but they useally end up 14-18. LOL

And just for good measure I usually split them in several pieces, generally by hand as I'm still scouring the flea markets for a good, cheap, logsplitter.

Get that S25DA. Its a great saw and predecessor to the 2300 Poulan or 2.3 Craftsman. You're correct its all metal and very strong for its 38cc. I have two, one DA and one CVA and love them both.

Bob

Get that S25DA. Its a great saw and predecessor to the 2300 Poulan or 2.3 Craftsman. You're correct its all metal and very strong for its 38cc. I have two, one DA and one CVA and love them both.

Bob

:agree2: ...And that's a D (Dee), not a 0 (Zero) in the model...S25DA . Lot of folks on Ebay seem to make the same mistake when listing the model. The cursive letter "D" written on the flywheel cover looks like a zero.

I went to a yard sale today that was all guy stuff. Like normal, we think our stuff is worth more than it is because we like it and don't actually want to sell it but our wives or "significant others" tell us we have to much and need to get rid of some of it.:confused:

I bought a 18 foot steel sectional flag pole with a 3 x 5 american flag N.I.B. for $15. I have always wanted one and I thought it was a pretty fair price.

Theyn had 5 chainsaws. Four small poulan/craftsman saws and a larger Craftsman saw that I was not familiar with. I think it was a 3.7 with a rear cylinder and no AV or chain brake. It looked in nice shape but it was priced at $50, a little out of by unemployed budget.:cry:

They had an all metal Poulan 250A with a stubby little bar (12"??) and a case that seemed to have a ton of compression for $20. They also had 2 other top handle Poulan/Craftsman saws with 14" bars on them for $20 without the case. The one that caught my eye was a Craftsman 2.3 with a 18" bar and AV handle set up on it. It was marked $25. The compression seems a little low but the saw starts easy and runs. It seems to have the origional bar and chain on it, I got it for $20. I have a parts saw that looks very similar with much higher compression, (witout the AV) so if I need to I can replace the P&C.

Did I buy the wrong saw? I like the little top handles and I don't often see them with any kind of AV set up on them, but the little 250A has a lot more compression. I have a couple of older all metal 2.1 and 2.3 craftsman saws that have a lot more compression than my new one. Is the recoil set up on the plastic housing saws with a different mechanical ratio to make them pull over easier or is my new saw just worn out? My 2.3 plastic parts saw has a little more compression than my latest one but it is no where near what the old metal saws have.:confused:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have one just like the gray one...mine doesn't run and is next on the operating table; I think it may need a module because I didn't see any spark.

I just did a compression check on the 2.3 with the AV handle. It runs but it is only showing 75# of compression. I will probably be using the grey one without the AV as a doner saw fort a P&C.

If you could use the ignition system from it perhaps we could work something out. :cheers:

I brought it out to the garage to take another look at it. I should know before long if it's the module or something else.

Poulan 3400 etc. Oil Pump Pickup Line

Working on a 3400 and noticed that the black oil pickup line keeps breaking when trying to attach it to the pump. I'm sure this has happened to most of you and I wonder if Tygon fuel line will work as a replacement. If not what do you use? Naturally it will have to be the correct size to fit inside the long coiled spring that surrounds the oil line. Thanks
Bob

Luckily haven't come accross that yet but I think tygon would be an excellent choice if the sizes match up.

I don't think they match up perfectly, at least not on fuel lines. It seems the walls of the tubing are a different thickness, that's why it's harder to get the line thru the openings in the saw, but still might be worth a try. If you get the same inner diameter it will be bigger on the outside than what's there now, I think. I've learned not to state anything positively!

I think tygon would be an excellent choice if the sizes match up.[/QUOTE]
:agree2:
i found the oil line broken in several places inside the anti-kinking spring in the oil tank. the tygon has worked well ever since i put it in over a year ago.

Working on a 3400 and noticed that the black oil pickup line keeps breaking when trying to attach it to the pump. I'm sure this has happened to most of you and I wonder if Tygon fuel line will work as a replacement. If not what do you use? Naturally it will have to be the correct size to fit inside the long coiled spring that surrounds the oil line. Thanks
Bob

Its funny Bob, As many of those saws as I have, I never tried to replace one. I just swapped a good one from a donar saw. I would think it would work fine, if ya find the right size.

:cheers:
Gregg,

Latest posts

Back