Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3m03p03o85V15T45P4a614228a8a501d015a6.jpg

Can I get a ID? Please

when did you get that ? its either a 71 or 51 somewhere in that area

Its a poulan chainsaw.....:)

That's the same thing I told him Wiggs, He talked ugly at me too. LMAO

The bad part is that saw is mine I payed for it and now he's cleaning it up and claiming it. Don't some of ya'll need to adopt a rather large child cheap, cept when you hollar eating time.

Hey Wiggs I goofed that ain't my saw that I got yesterday in LP's ID thing but I bought one just like it. I better look before I run the blabber machine uh.

Jay, I see your 3700 has a chain brake. Very cool Ive only seen the Canadian versions with those

Yes it does.... works too! original banana bar and safety chain as well ( bar is cracked though...) I would have showed ya the other day, but it was buried, and the barn/shed was a DISASTER....lol

I have yet to do a fuel system on ANY of these blasted saws...

which fuel line do you use for these larger saws? not the same for the 2.3/2.5's right?? ( that line is a PITA! to install...especially with that spring thing to protect it from chaffing.) Not sure if the top handles are the same... this was on that rear handle 2300. Saw has a nice burble...runs good too!! (as long as there's fuel in it. Seemed the new line wanted to hold the filter in position, rather than falling into the fuel (gravity driven...)

I was getting frustrated the other night, and was going to use my 'phone a friend...' lol. :biggrinbounce2: See if ya had the same experience with installing the line into the tank...takes one hell of a needle point to get it through, and quite the force to draw it through the tank...

i'll be good at Poulan fuel systems soon. lol

Yes it does.... works too! original banana bar and safety chain as well ( bar is cracked though...) I would have showed ya the other day, but it was buried, and the barn/shed was a DISASTER....lol

I have yet to do a fuel system on ANY of these blasted saws...

which fuel line do you use for these larger saws? not the same for the 2.3/2.5's right?? ( that line is a PITA! to install...especially with that spring thing to protect it from chaffing.) Not sure if the top handles are the same... this was on that rear handle 2300. Saw has a nice burble...runs good too!! (as long as there's fuel in it. Seemed the new line wanted to hold the filter in position, rather than falling into the fuel (gravity driven...)

I was getting frustrated the other night, and was going to use my 'phone a friend...' lol. :biggrinbounce2: See if ya had the same experience with installing the line into the tank...takes one hell of a needle point to get it through, and quite the force to draw it through the tank...

i'll be good at Poulan fuel systems soon. lol

I've always used tygon 3/16 od line for the fuel and I believe 5/16 od(don't have any around) for the vent line. Used the 3/16 as well on my two S25DA's w/o any problems

Most of the gray Craftsman 3.7 that I have seen are actually 3800's. Check if you want to but I'm thinking they have the thick ring, chrome piston, and plain aluminum cyl. The 3700 versions had thin rings and chrome bores.

You are correct Mark (no surprise).

The 3700 has a chrome/nikasil bore and aluminum piston and the 3800 is built like the 3400....in that it has a chrome/nikasil PISTON with an aluminum bore.

I don't know if there were thick and thin versions for the rings....but my 3800 has thick rings.

Poulan3700 Bow Saw

Putting saw back together and can't seem to fit bow bar and chain on saw. I have an 80 link chain but not sure how you measure bow length/width. I know the 13 in. bar takes an 80 drive link chain and the 14 in. takes an 87 drive link chain. I wonder if I have a 14" bar but the chain for a 13" bar. Either that or I'm installing the bar incorrectly, but I don't think so. Thanks'
Bob

guess i should have posted this here to start with.... please dont flame the newbie too badly....

To all the Poulan guys out there, what is the equivalent old saw model or even the exact part number of the original TOOL clutch cover with the adjustment screw? I want to rid myself of the tool-less cover before it goes bad (already getting tough to use). i found this # 545039803 but i'm not sure if it will work.

Adding a #530069707 muffler mod (muffler from a 295) and carb adjustment to hopefully breathe some new life into her!!

Thanks guys!

Need help on a part

its a new crankshaft but here is the thing has a part # 2392 and says thigpen on the id tag with that part # its in a poulan wright box

any help in finding out what this part fits will be helpful

i did a google search and nothing

so its a new old part

Poulan 2700 Bowsaw

Attaching pictures of my latest aquisition. Sorry if the pictures don't open automatically but I've had problems with the procedure. Saw is a little scruffy but it runs great. Replaced both crank seals and replaced cylinder using Dirko HT. Compression is 150 lbs. cold so I'm pleased. Repainted bow with some paint I had laying around.

Looks Great to me Bob. :clap: I have only run one bow saw in my life. That was Mark's 245 bow at the GTG this spring. I probably would never use one, but would be nice to have one, just for collection purposes though.

:cheers:
Gregg,

I agree Gregg. I needed one like I needed a whole in the head. I'll never use it here in Texas and maybe a little in Vermont. Just wish I had more opportunities to use my saws.

If it wasn't so far, you could come over to my house...I've got about three maple trees that have split and I'm going to have to cut them up later in the fall. I guess they were struck by lightning, they were alright before this year. Should be plenty of cutting to do.

If it wasn't so far, you could come over to my house...I've got about three maple trees that have split and I'm going to have to cut them up later in the fall. I guess they were struck by lightning, they were alright before this year. Should be plenty of cutting to do.

That right there sounds like the makin's of a mini-GTG!!!

Latest posts

Back