Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right rings ?

i just got the rings i ordered for the 3.7 craftsman P/C i'm putting on the 3.4 craftsman i have. this came off a grey 3.7 saw and has the plated piston/unplated cylinder combo.
the part no. is 530025933 and the invoice notes the rings are cast iron.
are these the correct rings for the unplated cylinder ? thanks, allyn

i just got the rings i ordered for the 3.7 craftsman P/C i'm putting on the 3.4 craftsman i have. this came off a grey 3.7 saw and has the plated piston/unplated cylinder combo.
the part no. is 530025933 and the invoice notes the rings are cast iron.
are these the correct rings for the unplated cylinder ? thanks, allyn

Yes sir, those be the ones.

Its a B model. I think both P&C can be salvaged with a little work. I've got some help toward that end. Two things have me puzzled though. First when I pulled the cylinder, I was surprised how much lateral piston movement there was on the wristpin. Secondly even with the rings off the piston, its a really tight fit putting it in the cylinder. It almost seems too tight. Do you know if this lateral movement and tight fit are normal? Thanks.

Yes on the lot of lateral movement, no problem there. As far as tight in the bore? Hard to understand how much you mean without having it in my hands but if its scored are you sure your not feeling some grooves on the piston or some aluminum transfer on the cyl?

Id like to thank 67Mustang for his Poulan knowledge!
Steve has shown me the light that not all Poulans are bad :)
And he also fixed 1 for us today, and got another running

Thanks Steve, and fellow Poulan fellas
:rock:

mark, thanks for verifying those rings. i be installin' tomorrow.
what length bar would be good on this ?

Yes on the lot of lateral movement, no problem there. As far as tight in the bore? Hard to understand how much you mean without having it in my hands but if its scored are you sure your not feeling some grooves on the piston or some aluminum transfer on the cyl?

I mean tight enough that you can't insert it all the way and have difficulty getting it back out. There must be some aluminum transfer on the cylinder or the scoring is causing problems as you suggested. Thanks, Mark.
Bob

I second this motion. Thanks Gramps. Maybe LP will post all our new found Poulans so we can play on this thread too HA HA.

Mark does this part fit the 245 Bow saw ?

20080120009.jpg

Also do you have any idea of what saws this bar fits ?
homeliteparts019.jpg

Yes Calvin, that part looks like it is for the 306/245 bow setup. Got the rest of it? Theres quite a few parts needed to that bow setup on those and without the rest, that one is useless.

This must be search for Poulan parts night.:dizzy: I'm gonna be needing a muffler for the old 5200 I started on. I was wondering if a 4200 muffler would work? I'm guessing not. The exhaust port on the 5200 is pretty fair size. I know some parts are interchangable others not, between the two.

This thing must have been sittin for some time. Was a real mess, but so far I don't see any reason this old beast shouldn't breath again. P/C look great! and I know thats half the battle. Had it all apart and cleaned things up. Was gonna put a new set of rings in it, just because I thought I had a set. Turns out that the rings I bought, some time ago...:cry: from some fellow on ebay aren't the right ones. They are twice as thick as the Poulan rings, and the ends fit around the pin style, instead of butting up to the pins. Have no clue what they might fit, could be a Husky 385. So maybe I better hang on to them..lol

:cheers:
Gregg,

Yes..That old codger 67Mustang fellow is allright!! :clap: LOL
Thanks to Steve, I finally got a 245A that I was wanting.
He's good people in my book too, as are most Poulan fellows..:)

:cheers:
Gregg,

Latest posts

Back