Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take that deal if it is still available.
See P.M.s

Mike

Sent PM. On another subject does anyone know the conversion from bar to ft. lbs. Let me explain. My 441 says that pressure and vacuum tests need to be done @ 0.5 bar. Both my gauges are in lbs. What is the corresponding lb. equivelant? Thanks.

Bob

Sent PM. On another subject does anyone know the conversion from bar to ft. lbs. Let me explain. My 441 says that pressure and vacuum tests need to be done @ 0.5 bar. Both my gauges are in lbs. What is the corresponding lb. equivelant? Thanks.

Bob

Wouldn't that be PSI?

0.5 bar = 7.251887 PSI

0.5 bar = 32.32 ft lbs?

Let me do some more checking on the second value (32.32 ft lbs).

Wouldn't that be PSI?

0.5 bar = 7.251887 PSI

0.5 bar = 32.32 ft lbs?

Let me do some more checking on the second value (32.32 ft lbs).

Yea, Chris it would be PSI. Pressure gauge is PSI. Have my head up my butt. Took a second look at my cheapo vacuum /brake bleeding pump and it is measured in both mmHG and inHGvac. I have no idea what the numbers mean but have using 7inHG vacuum as the test.

Yea, Chris it would be PSI. Pressure gauge is PSI. Have my head up my butt. Took a second look at my cheapo vacuum /brake bleeding pump and it is measured in both mmHG and inHGvac. I have no idea what the numbers mean but have using 7inHG vacuum as the test.

I believe that PSI is a bit over doubled when converting to in HG.

0.5 bar = 7.251887 PSI

0.5 bar = 14.765 in HG (at 0*C)

... okay, I just found this <a href="http://www.sensorsone.co.uk/pressure-units-conversion.html">online calculator</a> and it confirmed the first value, so I converted it to "in HG."

(I just did this myself recently as well, but didn't bookmark that calculator. :D)

I'm working on this one for a friend, newer Poulan Pro 220. Great compression, runs fine, thrashed chains. Installed chain was on backwards. Wondering if they don't know how to start 2 cycle engines. New mix put in, primed, started, ran fine for me?

I'm working on this one for a friend, newer Poulan Pro 220. Great compression, runs fine, thrashed chains. Installed chain was on backwards. Wondering if they don't know how to start 2 cycle engines. New mix put in, primed, started, ran fine for me?

Good looking saw. Working on a 3000 and just picked up a PP 300 for parts. Hoping to use some.

Bob

I just picked up a couple of Poulans:

ChainsawBonanza-Poulan1.jpg

3400; 4200; Micro XXV; 25SDA; and a Poulan Pro (forget which one ... 220? 225?). Also, there is a box of parts there that looks like a complete saw that was disassembled.

Seems like they were brought in for some work and left there. Maybe the completes will be runners without too much work.

3400; 4200; Micro XXV; 25SDA; and a Poulan Pro (forget which one ... 220? 225?). Also, there is a box of parts there that looks like a complete saw that was disassembled.

Seems like they were brought in for some work and left there. Maybe the completes will be runners without too much work.
Wish i had one of them top handle saws, Had one years ago. It was light and was great for limbs.

Way to go Chris. That 3400 is probably a 3700 judging from the air filter cover and that's a good thing.

What's the 4200 like, all there? We are here for you if you need any help with them.

I just ran into a older farmer that I used to know and told him I remembered selling and working on a Allis Chalmers saw to his dad and asked him if he knew what happend to it. He said he thought it was out in the barn with a couple older Poulans. I'll be hopefully catching up with him later in the week to check em out.

Way to go Chris. That 3400 is probably a 3700 judging from the air filter cover and that's a good thing.

What's the 4200 like, all there? We are here for you if you need any help with them.

I just ran into a older farmer that I used to know and told him I remembered selling and working on a Allis Chalmers saw to his dad and asked him if he knew what happend to it. He said he thought it was out in the barn with a couple older Poulans. I'll be hopefully catching up with him later in the week to check em out.

The recoil cover says 3400, but if it is a 3700 then that's even better!

The 4200 looks complete, but I think the recoil is broken. I ended up with over 90 saws from this haul and have to go back for a second trip. Some facts may get mixed up until I have a chance to go back into my hunting shed (now a saw storage facility), but I think that's the story with the 4200.

My Clymer manual has some Allis Chalmers info in it. Let me know if you end up needing it and I will scan and upload it for you.

Stihl Sawing:

Who knows? Maybe one of these will end up down south. :D

How can I tell for sure? Would more pics help? It is dusk here, so I have a bit of light left and can take some close-ups.

Far as I know its almost impossible to tell the differance. All parts are interchangeable. Does it have bucking spikes? Most 3400's don't. Alot of 3700's do. I get confused myself with my parts saws and ended up labelling the cylinders so I know which is which.

Latest posts

Back