Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys want to see the other twins? Yellow ones this time. I can't remember if I told ya's that I got the other 475 up and going or not.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I started a new thread in the general chainsaw forum about the coil swap I did on one tonight.

Great lookin g saws Mark. When does it end!!!!!

Bob

maybe the next poulan gtg i can attend it just have to car pool with steve if he goes that way i can bring them nos parts and see who wants what dont know if my funds are going to allow me to attend that expo in louisville ky next month way its going right now its not

I found my digital camera so now i can get some parts pictured etc.

Last edited:
Mark, you are inducing me to look for yellow Poulans.

I'm doing it? :dizzy: Thats OK I got broad shoulders, I'll take the blame. LOL

Great lookin g saws Mark. When does it end!!!!!

Bob

Not sure myself.

That is one of the minor details about CAD that is left out, it never really ends.

I may not end, I should have never even put this second one together, I had to amass to many new parts to do it and I only put it together with the intention of moving it, but not sure I will be able to now.

Hell I tried to sell a Homelite this last week and it went and acted up so I couldn't even do that!

maybe the next poulan gtg i can attend it just have to car pool with steve if he goes that way i can bring them nos parts and see who wants what dont know if my funds are going to allow me to attend that expo in louisville ky next month way its going right now its not

I found my digital camera so now i can get some parts pictured etc.

Nice Calvin, on those parts that you dont know what they are, make sure you picture that part on your website along with the part #. People want to see the parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redunshee
Well, got em back together and running great. Haven't really got them into wood yet and tuned but they idle and rev real good. Comp on the 245A is acceptable at 120 but with new rings the Dayton is now at 150 with two tanks run through it. Both still a little rich but will fine tune them at some time. Thanks to RMS61Moparman for the P&C work and to RMS61(Bob) for the new rings for the Dayton. Next project is to assemble my 4000 project saw. Repainted and will probably sell it to recoup some money for my next saw. Already have two so don't need another one.
Bob

OOps. Mean to put tis on the Poulan Thread

Think I moved it over.

Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by redunshee
Well, got em back together and running great. Haven't really got them into wood yet and tuned but they idle and rev real good. Comp on the 245A is acceptable at 120 but with new rings the Dayton is now at 150 with two tanks run through it. Both still a little rich but will fine tune them at some time. Thanks to RMS61Moparman for the P&C work and to RMS61(Bob) for the new rings for the Dayton. Next project is to assemble my 4000 project saw. Repainted and will probably sell it to recoup some money for my next saw. Already have two so don't need another one.
Bob

OOps. Mean to put tis on the Poulan Thread

Think I moved it over.

Here is picture

Glad to be able to do it for you Bob!
I had no idea that it would turn out THAT good!

Mike

Well neither did I. New rings and no base gasket may have helped some. Not sure saw will ever see heavy use so I don't know how it'll hold up in the long run. I just don't have the access to timber here in Texas. If I ship it to Vermont my brother will kill me as I have 6 saws up there now.

Back