Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i seem to have this bug from this site!

I picked up a bunch of saws this weekend 3 old homelites super 2 double trigger and a red super xl auto and these run and a blue super xl no spark but its way heave duty 4 craftsman saws a super clean 2.0 16 inch greay and black top handle one and case looked new crubled fuel line and air filter ran new line etc she fired up and runs so nice cant beleive it a 2.8 lots of work and 2 small ones one looks like it was dunked in the salt water LMAO its parts Oh and an echo 310 kinda beat but ran cleaned it put different bar chain and its good to use for side work i needed a new abuse saw its it!!! post pics tommorow think thats 15 saws now but only ten run its hard to find old poulans man!!!!!!!

Omg

mark you have 70 chainsaws that run????? where do you house them???? any pics of ya alls shops im goin to build myself a shed /shop when it cools down a lil around feb.... maby before if i convert an old screen room out back since i just build a new one (screened room) that is last feb i would love to see some pics of ya alls sheds /shops so i can get some ideas i have a small compressure air guns such but im gonna get me a big one oh and an ac unit LOL ya all post some pics ok!!!!!

mark you have 70 chainsaws that run????? where do you house them???? any pics of ya alls shops im goin to build myself a shed /shop when it cools down a lil around feb.... maby before if i convert an old screen room out back since i just build a new one (screened room) that is last feb i would love to see some pics of ya alls sheds /shops so i can get some ideas i have a small compressure air guns such but im gonna get me a big one oh and an ac unit LOL ya all post some pics ok!!!!!

I got a room in the back of my shop where most of them hang out. Got a few special to me ones on a shelf in the office of the shop. I gotta pretty good sized shop, 42x50.

I got crazy grabbing all I could awhile back, learned to regret that. I wont hardly take those super 2's mini macs and such unless there part of a bunch of saws, then I give or throw them away.

Picked up some parts saws the other day and there was a mini mac laying there. I threw it in the dumster that was there and brought home the rest.

Mostly just collecting Poulans now along with some Swedish saws. Quality over quanity....

You will enjoy practicing on the super 2's for a little while though. :cheers:

42x50????

LMAO i would never come in the house dude!!!!! all i can say is wow!!!! the city would lose it lol!!! im thinking mine will be 16 by 12 i have a slab that size so it will do! stephen thanks i will check it out! my mom passed on july 19 its been a ruff year i found this not long after that and i lose my self in the threads to keep my mind busy its a pleasure to see ya alls pics and read your posts not many folks here from fla eh?

What, no chainsaws in the livingroom?

MACcuffed.jpg

profile pic

Ok ... I uploaded a pic, resized to 300 x 300, and it shows as uploaded and as my profile pic, but not coming up when I post...

am i doing something wrong here??

thanks

No need in denying it! LOL

Truthfully, I don't know how many I have, I would have to go count them again.

Rough guess is 70 runners?

You're about 20 ahead of me but I'm guessing you have a lot more room than I have. I've added some shelves this summer but they're full already. I don't dumpster the Super 2s however. They aren't bad for cutting small limbs on downed trees and they're easy to handle.

You're about 20 ahead of me but I'm guessing you have a lot more room than I have. I've added some shelves this summer but they're full already. I don't dumpster the Super 2s however. They aren't bad for cutting small limbs on downed trees and they're easy to handle.

No problem I'll send everyone of those POS super 2's to you then. Took quite awhile last time to give them away with them having to pay the shipping.

There are Poulan Micros for me, 10x better then those little Homelite XL's and Mini macs.

No problem I'll send everyone of those POS super 2's to you then. Took quite awhile last time to give them away with them having to pay the shipping.

There are Poulan Micros for me, 10x better then those little Homelite XL's and Mini macs.

Nothing wrong with the Poulan Micros. I have several of them too. Most of my Homelite Super 2s end up on ebay. You really don't have to give them away, people pay for them there. A clean one will easily bring $25 or more. But if you insist on giving them away...

Nothing wrong with the Poulan Micros. I have several of them too. Most of my Homelite Super 2s end up on ebay. You really don't have to give them away, people pay for them there. A clean one will easily bring $25 or more. But if you insist on giving them away...

Well by the time you put a carb kit in them, replace the crumbling foam air filter, a couple duckbill valves and fuel lines, you aint making much at $25.

You just pay the freight and I'll send any I get to you.

Well by the time you put a carb kit in them, replace the crumbling foam air filter, a couple duckbill valves and fuel lines, you aint making much at $25.

You just pay the freight and I'll send any I get to you.

I saw a decent Poulan micro at the flea market Sunday go for $20. I would have bought it but I have several of the Craftsman versions of it. I ended up buying a running Pro Mac 55 with a 24" bar and chain for $20, and a Homelite XL12 for $10. I can probably sell them locally and do pretty well if I don't decide just to add them to the collection.
I'm really not trying to get rich selling chainsaws, I'm retired and just doing this to have something to do and maybe make a little bit of money. As long as I don't lose money on this "hobby" I'll be all right.

Last edited:
Ok ... I uploaded a pic, resized to 300 x 300, and it shows as uploaded and as my profile pic, but not coming up when I post...

am i doing something wrong here??

thanks

Profile pic is on there, but I think you are looking for a avatar picture.

On a related note, I cant search our fleamarket for poulans, or any other saws. The fleamarket burnt down! :cry:

yes thats it avatar

yes your right my bad so where and how do i do it i dont see the option anyplace???:computer2:

haha

the fle market man my wife been trying to get out there forever LOL she thinksim going crazy with the chain saw thing but man i think its awsome beats going to the bar etc im not sure about fishing i still have more fishing stuff then saws LOL

Back