Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mark. I think the cylinder is O.K. but I won't know until I pull it.
I bought a nice 3.7 CV from a member here, RAZ900 and I am very impressed with the way it performs.
If I can get this one to run like that I will be very pleased, especially if I can get it together for $100 or less.:cheers:

For some reason this particular style of Poulan just appeals to me. My 3450 also looks like it has a chrome bore
but I have a smaller craftsman saw 358.356070 that seems to have an aluminum bore. And I can't figure out what size it is.
attachment.php

I'm goinig to make a stab and say that Craftman 358.356070 is a Poulan 2700 or a 2800. It is a 3ci saw or 46cc. Thats the smallest of that series. If you like that, you will really like the 60cc 3500.

Proof......I really use it! My buddy was givin me !#$% until we started cuttin.

attachment.php

I know I have been using the day lights out of my Poulan 380 this summer. Its a 60cc version. Its light, fast, and powerful. Been using that, and a 3.7 Craftsman lately. Today I was working on a big ash. I dropped the tree, and made the first bucking cut, when it hit me, I should be using my new "Man Saw" :D
So went back to the house and got the 5200 Poulan out and exercised that today. I love that saw.
:cheers:
Gregg,

I do tend to have trouble holding onto saws but this one is a keeper. Like the look of this series and love the look on others faces when I start cuttin.

Must not have sold many in my area though, this was the first one I've seen. Also very few countervibes. I will find one someday ha.

I was thinking it was around that size...a 3.1 maybee if they ever made such a thing...I had a clue at one time but I can't remember where I found that information. Whatever it is, it need work. The man sold me the plastic saw case and gave me the saw. He said he used it for many many years cutting all the firewood he needed to heat his and his mothers house, and that it is just plain worn out. :agree2:

Looked It Up On Sears Site
358.356070 = 3.0 49cc
Had Me Wondering Too.

I know I have been using the day lights out of my Poulan 380 this summer. Its a 60cc version. Its light, fast, and powerful. Been using that, and a 3.7 Craftsman lately. Today I was working on a big ash. I dropped the tree, and made the first bucking cut, when it hit me, I should be using my new "Man Saw" :D
So went back to the house and got the 5200 Poulan out and exercised that today. I love that saw.
Gregg,

Good for you Gregg. Those 5200's sound real mean!
Bob

yes the more the better...repped him the best I could! I am almost in Poulan heaven.
I have a guy who said he will send me a 4200...from Lacrosse Wis.
Says it runs...good enough for me...and you guys didn't grab it, probably a little more than
most people would spend but I just had to have it to replace mine that got burned up.
And it has a little stubby 16" bar on it just like I had mine set up. Was meant to be!

If only it was red and said Craftsman on the clutch cover...it would match my owners manual...

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

and it comes with cut proof gloves!

attachment.php

Way to go!:clap: Looks great to me. Doesn't matter what ya paid for it, price is pretty unimportant when ya find one ya really want I guess. I have probably over paid for some, and under paid for others. It all works out in the end.:)

Gregg,

probably a little more than
most people would spend but I just had to have it to replace mine that got burned up.
attachment.php

I have been told that I've paid too much for 2 of my 4200s, but they run GREAT and what does a new 65-70cc saw cost???
I have no doubt that they will still be cutting wood when most of what is being bought today has been recycled into beer cans and water bottles!
The full wrap handle on the last one I picked up would cost you $100.00 by itself.
My dad went through life wanting things and constantly denying himself the pleasures of owning the things he wanted. He died when he was 60 years old and missed out on enjoying life by being too busy living it!
At his grave, I made myself a promise that I would NOT repeat his mistakes!!!!!

Congratulations on a great saw!
They are truly fun to run.

Mike

I have been told that I've paid too much for 2 of my 4200s, but they run GREAT and what does a new 65-70cc saw cost???
I have no doubt that they will still be cutting wood when most of what is being bought today has been recycled into beer cans and water bottles!
The full wrap handle on the last one I picked up would cost you $100.00 by itself.
My dad went through life wanting things and constantly denying himself the pleasures of owning the things he wanted. He died when he was 60 years old and missed out on enjoying life by being too busy living it!
At his grave, I made myself a promise that I would NOT repeat his mistakes!!!!!

Congratulations on a great saw!
They are truly fun to run.

Mike

Some of the saws sold new today are basically throw-away saws and aren't made to last 50 years like the old ones were. I have several saws now that are good running saws that I know are over 35 years old and are more dependable than the newer plastic ones that I have. One thing I like about the older ones is that they are simpler to work on. The newer ones are a little lighter, however and seem to run at a higher rpm, which, of course, shortens their life span.

Last edited:
did you get that one that was in Canada on ebay with the full wrap handle?
I saw that one and almost bid on it but I didn't want to run the price up.:cry:

mine is going to cost me right around $100 with the shipping:)

I owned a red Craftsman/Poulan 4200 for almost 30 years, I bought it new in 1980. It still ran like a brand new saw. It was all the saw I ever needed. I had a 2 saw plan and it worked out well.

When my barn burned down it melted. When I tried to replace it I became infected with CAD. Perhaps once I get a 4200 back in my hands I will be able to get rid of all these other saws....:dizzy:

You did not pay too much as long as the P/C are good..

The XL runs like a new saw...

Do you know who made the little Wards saw? It has the origional hang tag
that came with it, it says it weighs 8 pounds with the bar and chain.
It has a home made wood box and even a wood scabard for the bar.
It also has a spare chain, the origional plug and bar wrenches and the
recoil cover says its "super fast direct drive" It also has a compression
release, just in case the massive 2.1 cu engine is to hard to pull over.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

Cmon stephen. You know better than posting that on the Poulan thread. And yes its a Remington Mitey Might Bantam. We have one

did you get that one that was in Canada on ebay with the full wrap handle?
I saw that one and almost bid on it but I didn't want to run the price up.:cry:

mine is going to cost me right around $100 with the shipping:)

I owned a red Craftsman/Poulan 4200 for almost 30 years, I bought it new in 1980. It still ran like a brand new saw. It was all the saw I ever needed. I had a 2 saw plan and it worked out well.

When my barn burned down it melted. When I tried to replace it I became infected with CAD. Perhaps once I get a 4200 back in my hands I will be able to get rid of all these other saws....:dizzy:

No. I got it. Shipping was more than saw. But as previously stated I don't intend to pass this way and regret not spending money I have, just so my account balance looks good.
Bob

You guys want to see the other twins? Yellow ones this time. I can't remember if I told ya's that I got the other 475 up and going or not.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I started a new thread in the general chainsaw forum about the coil swap I did on one tonight.

Those look awesome mark. Make sure you put one of those in the box with the 925 addressed to me to. HEHE :monkey: :cheers:

Back