Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What didn't you like? I think it was ahead of its time. Decent power, AV, great design, super easy to work on....oh and did I mention bullet proof. Look how many are still out there working everyday.

He also thinks a Husky 395 is a slow saw?????? He don't know squat!!

I think the 3400 was like others said, an overbuilt rock solid saw. The one I have set in a garage for 20 years and all it needed was a new fuel line, an she came alive in four pulls. The 3400 must have been a big hit back in it's day.:cheers:

Last edited:
I think the 3400 was like others said an overbuilt, rock solid saw. The one I have set in a garage for 20 years and all it needed was a new fuel line, an she came alive in four pulls. The 3400 must have been a big hit back in it's day.:cheers:

3400 is a great saw - I like old Poulans quite a bit actually - sorry they are not still making the good ones they used to!

I would buy a new 3400 if they still made them. Actually I would buy a new 3400, 3700 and a 4000.

I would like to think I would, but the way they were built, I wonder how the cost would compare to the saws we have now.
I don't know if I could afford one in todays dollars.

What I'm saying is in 1980 I was making 3.00 per hour and paid $199.95 for my 3400.
Today I make $16.00 an hour, so comparatively that saw would cost $1000.00.

I would like to think I would, but the way they were built, I wonder how the cost would compare to the saws we have now.

What I'm saying is in 1980 I was making 3.00 per hour and paid $199.95 for my 3400.

well in 1980......well I dont know I wasnt here yet. LOL

361 follow up

Thanks for the feedback on the 361. I'll probably pick this one up - even though I have a little reservation on the manual oiler.

The owner says all that he has replaced is the fuel line. But he is not the only owner of the saw.

Thanks for the feedback on the 361. I'll probably pick this one up - even though I have a little reservation on the manual oiler.

The owner says all that he has replaced is the fuel line. But he is not the only owner of the saw.

Give us some feedback after you've had it a while. BTW rms61moparman runs the Poulan Lovers Social Group, if you haven't already joined, I encourage you to do so. Lots of great info there.

Maybe I was only makin $5 an hour back in the mid 80's, but we had Poulan Countervibes, Ronald Reagan, and Awesome Bill Elliott and the #9 T-Bird!!! LOL, Just an old fart, living in the past, i guess.:)

Gregg,

Give us some feedback after you've had it a while. BTW rms61moparman runs the Poulan Lovers Social Group, if you haven't already joined, I encourage you to do so. Lots of great info there.

Will do. Thanks for the suggestion on the social group, I'll take a look.

First come first serve on this offer

normally a air filter for a 3400 runs what $ 6.00 - up depending on where you see one at

get this i have 2 OEM Filters in stock $ 2.99 each is what i will take for them the first one that takes this offer let me know if you are interested

thanks

calvin

Speakin of idle problems. Been using the 4000 a little more and noticed that while idleing if you tip it forward, bar down it will slow down alot sometimes dying but not always.

is it smoking more than usual?

No I wouldnt say it is smoking any more than normal, runs real good. Idle might come up a tad though when setting in normal position.

normally a air filter for a 3400 runs what $ 6.00 - up depending on where you see one at

get this i have 2 OEM Filters in stock $ 2.99 each is what i will take for them the first one that takes this offer let me know if you are interested

thanks

calvin

I'll take them if they aren't already gone.

Mike

Latest posts

Back