Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Open both adjustments 1 turn and go from there.

You have compression, spark and mix so it has to run when you get them in the proper proportions.

Or you could just get disgusted and sent it to me:D

Open both adjustments 1 turn and go from there.

You have compression, spark and mix so it has to run when you get them in the proper proportions.

Or you could just get disgusted and sent it to me:D

thats why im frustrated! i did the 1 1/4 turns out, nothing! gotta be the metering rod! you might get it!:dizzy:

Will do. By the way I think the bar that came with saw is all wrong. The oil holes on the bar are way above the oil output hole on the saw. Don't see how oil can get to bar. I think I need a taperred tip bar. Its a Windsor bar with C50 with a upside down A. Also 6 50 16 UXL 50.

Bob

Bob, that saw uses a Oregon A041 bar mount, the same one that was on that bar you sent to me, but of course I'm sure you need a .325 pitch bar for that one. The oil is routed through the adjuster holes on those bars.

You can also use a small Husky K095 mount bar, but you have to file the adjuster holes up till they too will oil through the adjuster holes.

What type of carb is it? It sounds like the metering lever is not set right and is letting too much fuel into the chamber.

You could always put your old metering lever back into the carb with your new metering needle. The old one should be already set properly.

Don't give up on it yet!

:cheers:

1 1/4 out should be right to start with, like said before, you need to check the needle, seat and lever height.

You also put the gasket underneath the metering diaphram against the carb body didnt you?

Joe

Did you confirm that the gasket is against the carb body as Mark advised? It should be carb/gasket/metering diaphragm.

The HD carbs should have the metering lever just touching a straight edge that is laid across the carb body.

The Walbro site has downloadable service manuals for their carbs.

HTH

its a walboro HD, it has the orig, lever on it. tommorrow i will pull it apart and check it, maybe take some pics.

It'll be a HDB 19 or 6 or something similar. Pull off carb and check metering level as others have suggested. Should be set level with top of carb body. Let me know if you need a metering lever as I'm sure I've got one lying around.

Bob, that saw uses a Oregon A041 bar mount, the same one that was on that bar you sent to me, but of course I'm sure you need a .325 pitch bar for that one. The oil is routed through the adjuster holes on those bars.

You can also use a small Husky K095 mount bar, but you have to file the adjuster holes up till they too will oil through the adjuster holes.

Yea, its a .325 pitch for sure. I get confused with bar fits. Will all Oregon bars with an A041 mount fit Poulans and its just a matter of pitch and gauge? Also differant brands require differant drive link counts. For example Oregon and Windsor 16 in. .325 pitch bars call for 66 drive links. However other brands may need fewer links. Is it a function of total bar length (not cutting length) diff. and bar shape between manufs.?

Bob

Poulan 7700

Here's the 7700 after a little cleaning and polishing.

Gotta live with the decal for now. NLA.
attachment.php

A little shine on here. Decal was in such bad shape I decided it looked better without one.
attachment.php

Repainted muffler.
attachment.php

New filter cover from Poulan, shipped from main distributor in Brown Summit, NC about 10 miles away. ...Only took 3 weeks to get here!
attachment.php

attachment.php

A little shine on here. Decal was in such bad shape I decided it looked better without one.
attachment.php

Repainted muffler.
attachment.php

New filter cover from Poulan, shipped from main distributor in Brown Summit, NC about 10 miles away. ...Only took 3 weeks to get here!
attachment.php

I'm jealous!!!!!
Man that is nice.

Wow! great lookin saw Steve! Thats one ya don't see every day! Would love to come across something like that. Was that a local find? And I thought finding new or good used 3400, 3700, 4000 parts was tough!

Gregg,

attachment.php

attachment.php

Repainted muffler.
attachment.php

attachment.php

That thing is cherry.:clap:

Wow! great lookin saw Steve! Thats one ya don't see every day! Would love to come across something like that. Was that a local find? And I thought finding new or good used 3400, 3700, 4000 parts was tough!

Gregg,

Yeh, Gregg, was basically a local find on CL. Had to drive couple hours each was. Shoot, that's nothing to a Poulan Lover!

Steve, I don't get envious easily, but your leaving me no choice on this one.

How she run? You done good on this one.

:clap:

Runs great! Starts like a Poulan. I had it in some wood back before I got the air filter cover. Better filtration than 3400/3700 though. Nothing in the intake, just a mess to clean up around the carb box.

Never heard of a 7700. Bet it is one fast puppy. Nice saw. we are all jelous of it. Would like to see a video of it cuttin,(Hint, Hint) Would be really neat.

I'd never heard of one either till I found this one. Had no idea what I was going to look at South of the border in SC. I haven't done any vids before, but I'll try to come up with something. May get Justin (JT78) to help me with that on Monday. We're supposed to go cut down a big oak.

Thanks for all the great comments, guys! You all have a piece of this one with your support and helpful advice on AS. Please keep it up! If we can ever get together for a Poulan GTG you'll be welcome to run it. Would suggest something in the Midwest since many of you are from up in that area. I'd do one here but would be a long way for everyone to come. I'm lucky to have several AS members within spittin' distance of here. JT's only about 10 miles from here. Smilin' Possum and son, Little Possum are only an hour away. Great guys as all of you are! Thanks!

Steve

Latest posts

Back