Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Randy I myself useally don't even get those old of big uns to begin with.

Wish I could hep ya.

Thanks for the reply Mark, those saws are pretty rare, and parts are thin as frog hair. I may have to improvise something hillbillyish. lol

Those 3700s don't do well with noodling, that lower handle brace is in the way and thy plug up pretty fast. Try a search of this thread and you will find several pictures of my mufflers.

If you can't find them let me know.

Ok thanks....Well the echo noodled hopefully the poulan can do a little bit.

Girlfriend keeps thinking i bought a old piece of junk LOL

I dunno i just dont want it to be to short. I can noodle longer logs as well.

Btw you have any pictures of your muffler modified 3700? Thanks.

Clay, Here is a pic of my 4000 with a ModifiedMark muffler.:)

Picture009.jpg

Picture012.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

IMO 40 bucks is still too high for a saw in that condition. The yellow Craftsman saws that were rebadged Poulan 25DA/S25DA's sold in the early to mid '70's. One in better looking condition than that went off on eBay today with a starting bid of $4.99 and had no bidders.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=330492012691&si=HE4AWUw9zgVgBqW0vbvkq%252BCz1gE%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

67 mustang thanks i appreciate the heads up im still new to the poulans ive always used stihl and echo and still do .. i really love the way these old polans withstand the test of time. and thanks for letting me know what the saws are going for.... im still learning the buying process and how much to pay i see somthing i want and the italian in me takes over!!! you have been very helpful to me a few times thank you!!!!

Last edited:
Clay, Here is a pic of my 4000 with a ModifiedMark muffler.:)

Picture009.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Gregg,

Thanks, what size pipe is that 1/2? Luckily im a welder and i have no problem fabbing up something like that. Very clean saw, did you repaint it?

Thanks, what size pipe is that 1/2? Luckily im a welder and i have no problem fabbing up something like that. Very clean saw, did you repaint it?

Clay, I don't remember off hand, but I think it is much bigger than that. 3/4"-1"
Modeled after the stock mufflere on the larger 4200/5200 model Poulans.

No the saw has not been repainted. Thats the problem with the lime green Poulan color. Have to have paint custom mixed. I havn't had any made up yet.
Gregg,

Clay, I don't remember off hand, but I think it is much bigger than that. 3/4"-1"
Modeled after the stock mufflere on the larger 4200/5200 model Poulans.

No the saw has not been repainted. Thats the problem with the lime green Poulan color. Have to have paint custom mixed. I havn't had any made up yet.
Gregg,

Ok great!

Darn! I was hoping you could mine isnt as clean and id like to repaint it.

I modded the muffler on my 3800

Well I followed Marks idea and tried my own, used 3/4 EMT and welded it up, looks pretty good. The only thing I left inside this muffler is the spark arrester screen, I welded the old holes in the back closed.

Picture564.jpg

Picture565.jpg

Picture566.jpg

Picture567.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to mention I'm going to pickup a gray and black Craftsman 3.7 with about 6 hrs of use from the original owner. It dosn't run, he said everytime he's had to use it in 20 years it needed a carb cleaning due to sitting waaay too long. Anyway I got for $60 bucks, will post pics in a few hrs.

Is it loud? Looks to be extremely! I havent even got my poulan yet and im attached to it, girlfriend wants me to buy a newer saw but im dead set on this poulan:hmm3grin2orange:

What is this worth?

This looks to be a F 100 that has not be run in some time. I have no sense of value on these older machines, what would something like this be worth?

PoulanF100right.jpg

PoulanF100left.jpg

So what other kinds of bars fit my poulan 3700? On baileys it was only the oregons, i'd like a nice sprocket tip bar.....

So what other kinds of bars fit my poulan 3700? On baileys it was only the oregons, i'd like a nice sprocket tip bar.....

Its getting to be what other kind of bars are there. Silver Streakers from Stens, I've seen recent new bars badged Huskavarna, and a lot of Stihls all look like Oregons, at least the replaceable sprocket ones. So it comes down to price. In an 095 mount, I recently bought a new one off the ebay and had it shipped for what the shop would pay for one, and its no secret thats about 40% less than list.

Its getting to be what other kind of bars are there. Silver Streakers from Stens, I've seen recent new bars badged Huskavarna, and a lot of Stihls all look like Oregons, at least the replaceable sprocket ones. So it comes down to price. In an 095 mount, I recently bought a new one off the ebay and had it shipped for what the shop would pay for one, and its no secret thats about 40% less than list.

Sorry but i really do not understand your post? All im really asking is what other kinds of bars fit maybe a carlton sprocket tip?

Oregon makes lots of sprocket tip bars. The Pro-Lites and Power Match for example.

Here are the 20" bars. http://www.baileysonline.com/search.asp?skw=MC50+20

Here are the 24" bars. http://www.baileysonline.com/search.asp?skw=MC50+24

These bars are Oregon D176 mounts and there not as common now days. Echos and McCullochs use the same bar mounts.

You can use the Oregon D009 large mount Husqvarna mount bars but you will need to bush the Poulans 5/16" bar studs up to 9mm to fit and don't be surprised if you end up with a odd drive link count for the bar. Useally 1 drive link less.

Sorry but i really do not understand your post? All im really asking is what other kinds of bars fit maybe a carlton sprocket tip?

Ok, now I understand what your asking. Carlton? Probably not going to find a Poulan/Echo mount bar from them.

Windsor makes a bar they say that will fit but it will actually be a Homelite style mount with a 3/8"s slot which will need the stud spacer/bushings for it to fit right. At least the Windsor bar will use the same drive link count.

Latest posts

Back