Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya i decided to take yalls advice. I just ordered everything on baileys i got the oregon 20" powermatch bar with 3/8 chisel chain. Now if i could find a 4000:dizzy:

4000's are very good saws. However they are only 4 cc's(65 vs 61) more than a 3700. Open up the muffler and you'll likely get similar performance.
Bob

4000 Part 2

Well, the carb kits came this afternoon, so put that in and finished it up.
Put some fuel & oil in it. Runs great! Havn't put it in wood yet.

4000033.jpg

4000022.jpg

4000025.jpg

4000032.jpg

4000030.jpg

4000042.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

great looking saw!!!!

thats a mean looking saw ohiogregg! very very clean also!

If oyur needing a new bar, I understand...but I have a lightly used Husky (oregon Power match) 24" bar avail..

3800 OILER ISSUE hey guys...oiler stopped working, and it's NOT possible to push the manual lever down...

thoughts?? :dizzy: maybe a clog?

IPL please?! :cheers:

I can use that bar if you have no use for it!

The oiler just quit working? Sounds like a check valve in the pump might have clogged or stuck closed.

Tear it apart and clean it all out but, dont use hi pressure air on the check valves.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...c0262775c1ae614188256bfc00115402?OpenDocument

Ok I went and did it...gonna go get it this evening.

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/for/2043622481.html

I am not paying 150 for it...hope it was smart.

Smarts a understatment. Thats a great saw and a good price. I would have been all over that one if I had seen it and been begging the guy to ship it to me. Nice find. :bowdown:

Here's my latest ebay find... A little 225 pro, runs great and in decent shape... now I need to find a new decal for that recoil side cover.

2243132540038709423S500x500Q85.jpg

Nice but that decal won't make it run any better or worse. ;)

4000's are very good saws. However they are only 4 cc's(65 vs 61) more than a 3700. Open up the muffler and you'll likely get similar performance.
Bob

Bob, I think your pretty much right on. I said before that my muffler modded 3700 would probably run right with my stock 4000.

Well, the carb kits came this afternoon, so put that in and finished it up.
Put some fuel & oil in it. Runs great! Havn't put it in wood yet.
Gregg,

Greg, that is a beautiful 4000! Your the 4000 King now! :bowdown:

You guys have come up with some great saws lately!

I have not been sitting on my hands either and hopefully tomorrow or Thursday the big brown truck is bringing me a fairly rare Poulan!

Acres dosn't even list the specs on it and I'm not sure of all of them myself. :hmm3grin2orange:

That is one sweet 4000, i can only hope i can make my 3700 that clean...

You guys have come up with some great saws lately!

I have not been sitting on my hands either and hopefully tomorrow or Thursday the big brown truck is bringing me a fairly rare Poulan!

Acres dosn't even list the specs on it and I'm not sure of all of them myself. :hmm3grin2orange:

Not even a hint Mark? :bang: lol
I agree too, on that 5400 down in Texas. If that saw was on ebay, there might have been a bidding war on! LOL
Gregg,

Not even a hint Mark? :bang: lol
I agree too, on that 5400 down in Texas. If that saw was on ebay, there might have been a bidding war on! LOL
Gregg,

Yep i was gonna cancel on the 3700 and get the 5400 but i think the other guy is picking it up!

What carb kit does the 3800 take. It looks to have a HDC carb.

Is there a serial number with a date by it or something to tell what year the saw is?

Im drooling over here i can not wait to get it:chainsawguy:

Back