Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could have some Crown Royal as well.

Funny story about that Crown Royal. Mrs Banacanin is from Knoxville. Once a few years back she went to a restaurant near here and ordered a glass of Crown and coke. The waitress came back with a shot of crown and a glass of coke and explained that the bartender refused to mix crown royal. Mrs Banacanin laughed and said "tell the bartender that I am from Tennessee and this isn't even real whiskey".

Funny story about that Crown Royal. Mrs Banacanin is from Knoxville. Once a few years back she went to a restaurant near here and ordered a glass of Crown and coke. The waitress came back with a shot of crown and a glass of coke and explained that the bartender refused to mix crown royal. Mrs Banacanin laughed and said "tell the bartender that I am from Tennessee and this isn't even real whiskey".

Ouch! Crown in coffee on a cold morning is great.

OK. Who bought the 8500? I suspect it was someone here. Congrats

Really? Think so?

I have my suspicions. Time to fess up now!

Spill your guts!

I've bought from him before. Pretty good stuff. Price was steep but if I didn't have a 5200 I might have considered it Really thinking of an 066 or maybe a 2100. Likely a 2100 as I don't believe there is much diff. between my 288 and an 066. However, I could be wrong.

Yes, if I was going to buy one for that kind of money, and I aint saying that was too much, I would feel good sending my money to that seller. He can be trusted! Too bad all ebay sellers are not that good.

I had a price in mind and was going to offer $500 shipped but it was gone.

I had that in mind as well but I have 2 deals cookin right now that will be tapping my saw fund pretty good. It always happens that way. :laugh:

Saw arrived. I added mix and it started right up. Idled great and ran out very well. Have to get used to these governor carbs as it doesn't run out well out of the wood. Stick some wood to it and it kicks in and runs fine. Not fast but a surprising amount of torque. Pushed hard on a 12" hardwood log and it didn't bog down at all. Its a little scruffed up but not very badly. Only thing missing(same for my 245 and comparable Dayton) is the duckbill valve is missing, Consequently put the saw on its side and fuel spurts out of the cap. Oh well, that's an old saw for you.

Bob, not a bad looking ole 306A! :bowdown:

I posted before how to fix the duckbills in those caps! Easy as can be.

Too bad somebody broke that clutch cover, you should get ahold of woodchuck John, he has a good one listed in the swap thread!

Really? Think so?

Spill your guts!

Yes, if I was going to buy one for that kind of money, and I aint saying that was too much, I would feel good sending my money to that seller. He can be trusted! Too bad all ebay sellers are not that good.

I had that in mind as well but I have 2 deals cookin right now that will be tapping my saw fund pretty good. It always happens that way. :laugh:

Bob, not a bad looking ole 306A! :bowdown:

I posted before how to fix the duckbills in those caps! Easy as can be.

Too bad somebody broke that clutch cover, you should get ahold of woodchuck John, he has a good one listed in the swap thread!

Goodness gracious I just noticed the crack. Will contact Woodchuck John. Do you recall when you posted the thread re the duckbilll valves? I'll do a search anyway. Thanks Mark

Goodness gracious I just noticed the crack. Will contact Woodchuck John. Do you recall when you posted the thread re the duckbilll valves? I'll do a search anyway. Thanks Mark

Found your pictures, Mark. You said you used the Homelite valve. Its bigger than the Poulan so was it necessary to enlarge the hole in the star ring or whatever its called?
Bob

Found your pictures, Mark. You said you used the Homelite valve. Its bigger than the Poulan so was it necessary to enlarge the hole in the star ring or whatever its called?
Bob

Bob, if you get the regular Poulan duckbills you have no modifications to make. 530026119 is the Poulan part # for them.

If you use the Homelite duckbills then yes you have to slightly enlarge the center hole of the star washer.

Bob, if you get the regular Poulan duckbills you have no modifications to make. 530026119 is the Poulan part # for them.

If you use the Homelite duckbills then yes you have to slightly enlarge the center hole of the star washer.

Gotcha. Already ordered 10 Homelite valves as I couldn't find and didn't think the Small POulans were available. Think I'll order them and use the larger ones for the 3400 etc. vent lines. BTW you wouldn;t have access to or have the part number for the nipple the valve attaches to, wold you?

Thanks for the info and the tip on the clutch cover.
Bob

Gotcha. Already ordered 10 Homelite valves as I couldn't find and didn't think the Small POulans were available. Think I'll order them and use the larger ones for the 3400 etc. vent lines. BTW you wouldn;t have access to or have the part number for the nipple the valve attaches to, wold you?

Thanks for the info and the tip on the clutch cover.
Bob

No Bob, I have not come up with that little double barb part #. I did find that alot of weedwackers had a double barb like that on there fuel lines and they will work also.

lil red saw

just bought me a lil 2.1 craftsman from ebay cant wait to get it and tear it apart redo the carb and fuel lines!!!! got 2 saws comin soon from an AS member one in good shape one to work on!!! Im chompin to get them too!!!!!:chainsawguy:

just bought me a lil 2.1 craftsman from ebay cant wait to get it and tear it apart redo the carb and fuel lines!!!! got 2 saws comin soon from an AS member one in good shape one to work on!!! Im chompin to get them too!!!!!:chainsawguy:

Yep. Another victim of CAD. :D

Back