Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We saw it. Just that we expect so much from Mark. I would have preferred a DVD.

How much does that DVD thing pay?

No, Your not odd at all! I believe you own at least four 245"s :D
And your right. Wasn't sure how to go about letting someone know about Sugar Creek Supply.;) Search is best advice.

Glad to hear ya got your snow plow on and all squared away! Now maybe it won't snow this winter.:laugh:
:cheers:
Gregg,

Yeah just tell someone you collect chainsaws and see if they think your odd or not. :hmm3grin2orange:

Really I don't care if it ever snows or not. But if it does, I can get out my dead end road without the countys help. I know better then to wait on them. :laugh:

Besides I want to make sure my wife can at least get to work. :hmm3grin2orange:

How much does that DVD thing pay?

Yeah just tell someone you collect chainsaws and see if they think your odd or not. :hmm3grin2orange:

Really I don't care if it ever snows or not. But if it does, I can get out my dead end road without the countys help. I know better then to wait on them. :laugh:

Could be a lot of money, if you're goodlooking. However if your not............

Gregg, come on! I go snowmobiling every Feb in VT. Last year I could have put vegetable oil on the slides and rode on the grass. I need snow , at least in VT. Lets toast a cold one for that event.
Bob

P.S. I haven't had much luck contacting that site. Need to persevere as in "The Outlaw Josey Wales"

Hey Bob, Vermont is a good place for all of the snow, in my opinion. LOL
I used to live in the northeast. We had some big snows over the years, but ya plow it, then good to go. Around here, if ya get 6", you end up plowing the same 6" for a week, being flat and open, with the wind.:cry:

Ahhh, The Outlaw Josey Wales, My favorite movie of all time!:clap:
Gregg,

Mark, Gotta make sure the big brown truck can get through too!!:biggrinbounce2:
Gregg,

Someone dropped off a blown poulan pro 295 today. Are there other models that share the same top end?

Anyone need parts?

Anyone looking for a 306A?

245a oil Pump assembly

Take a look at the pictures and tell me if I have the componets installed correctly. Far as I can figure the small metal lever shaped like a cross goes where I have it with the small dimple under the gear. Also the gear is installed as shown in the second picture. I assume the crank turns the gear pushing the lever up and down which in turn pushes on the button on the crankcase. I also filled the oil housing on the saw with grease. Am I on the right track? Thanks
Bob

I just tore down one of my 245As an that oiler came out looking just like yours I think. But Mark will know for sure

Well Joe, I found out that in my second picture I have the gear installed backwards. Assembly won't fit flush with case like it is. I switched it around and it now fits, so I assume I've got it assembled correctly.

I just tore down one of my 245As an that oiler came out looking just like yours I think. But Mark will know for sure

Well Joe, I found out that in my second picture I have the gear installed backwards. Assembly won't fit flush with case like it is. I switched it around and it now fits, so I assume I've got it assembled correctly.
Bob

Yeah I was going to say that the "gear" if you call it that was upside down but seems you caught it already.

Just make sure the button on the cross is against that gear and your fine.

Yeah I was going to say that the "gear" if you call it that was upside down but seems you caught it already.

Just make sure the button on the cross is against that gear and your fine.

Thanks Mark. Figiured thats where the button on the cross went. Got it back in. Air leak is another story. I've gone through 4 gaskets using Permatex #2 and the air leak in the carb/reed valve adaptor assembly persists. Seems to be consistently on the top right hand corner no matter what I do. If I wasn't so persistent I'd shelve it. Maybe try again tomorrow for the fifth time.

Thanks Mark. Figiured thats where the button on the cross went. Got it back in. Air leak is another story. I've gone through 4 gaskets using Permatex #2 and the air leak in the carb/reed valve adaptor assembly persists. Seems to be consistently on the top right hand corner no matter what I do. If I wasn't so persistent I'd shelve it. Maybe try again tomorrow for the fifth time.

Is that reed valve housing the the carb bolts to cracked or warped?

I wouild check that. I have a NOS one here if you need it.

Latest posts

Back