Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that reed valve housing the the carb bolts to cracked or warped?

I wouild check that. I have a NOS one here if you need it.

Not that I can tell. Think I'll try sanding it to check that its level. Use the sandpaper glued to a piece of glass method. I will check more closely for cracks however, though leak is coming from between adaptor and saw casing. Will check for warping.

Bob,

Not trying to tell you your business but did you let that permatex sit long enough to start to skin over before you assembled it and did you let it set long enough to cure before you tried it?
I have sealed some pretty big cracks with that stuff.

Mike

Bob,

Not trying to tell you your business but did you let that permatex sit long enough to start to skin over before you assembled it and did you let it set long enough to cure before you tried it?
I have sealed some pretty big cracks with that stuff.

Mike

Please Mike tell me. I waited about a minute before installing and about 1 hr. before testing. PLease tell me I need to wait longer. I'm at wits end. If that's the issue , believe me I'll be tickled pink. Box didn't state how long to wait.

Bob

I got another little saw coming in a few days. Not too sure of anything about it! but the price was right and if nothing else it will donate some good parts.
Oh yeah its a Poulan:laugh:

Bob,

Let that sit until it begins to skin over (probably 3-5 mins) put it together and tighten it down on the leaking side first.
tighten the rest and let it sit in a warm place overnight.
If that doesn't do it, there is another problem.

Mike

Theres a old poulan top handle at the shop im working at kinda taken apart, thinking about grabbing it and seeing what the deal is.....

361 and 306 parts compatability

Does anyone know if the P/C from a 306 will fit a 361? I know the rings will match, but not sure on the other parts.

Thanks!

Bob,

Let that sit until it begins to skin over (probably 3-5 mins) put it together and tighten it down on the leaking side first.
tighten the rest and let it sit in a warm place overnight.
If that doesn't do it, there is another problem.

Mike

Gotcha. Will try again. Being patient this time. Will have to make another seal as sealant really tears them up trying to remove.

3400 etc crank seals

Meant to sat "make new gasket" in previous post.

Does anyone have a source for seals? If so do you have a manuf. part #. Have tried all my usual sources to no avail. Thinking I may have to go to a seal and bearing supplier but don't have reference info. Thanks.

Well i got that little top handle, my girlfriend is going to the saw dealer later today to grab a parts saw that i found over there. They said it needed new crank seals, so with two (hopefully the same) i can get one running.

coil swap!!!it works!!!

ok so i have the how to on swaping out coils from a 2000 18000 to a 25sda..... I think this type of setup would work in alot of applications! 2 small aluminum shoes!!! I owe this set up to jrp7329.
off of ebay Stand up guy!!!!this is his design i had to figure out how to put it together and adjust it basicly just like normal airgap and tighten it down i was worried about time but it fires right up so far so good!!!

So the girlfriend got a poulan 1800 woodman needs crank seals they say. But i think i got another one im going to swap parts on. This will be my girlfriends saw:yoyo:

they are pretty light!

So the girlfriend got a poulan 1800 woodman needs crank seals they say. But i think i got another one im going to swap parts on. This will be my girlfriends saw:yoyo:

cool man post some pics!!!! of the saw *grins*:hmm3grin2orange:

cool man post some pics!!!! of the saw *grins*:hmm3grin2orange:

Ya i will friday, im staying out of town for work at the moment. Dont worry ill get some pictures.

Anyone actually have one of these? Are they clamshell engines?

easy around here!!!

they seem to be alot of them on ebay yard sales etc i have 2 poulan 2000 and one craftsman 2.0 same saw far as i can tell easy to work on !!!!

they seem to be alot of them on ebay yard sales etc i have 2 poulan 2000 and one craftsman 2.0 same saw far as i can tell easy to work on !!!!

Ok good, once i have the time i should get one up and running for the lady :) Im sure she will enjoy it more then the 3400 i traded her echo for.....Girlfriend asked today why get more saws i have no time, i told her i will soon so i need something to be busy on again lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back