Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of them that i got doesnt say anything besides Poulan. Looks like a woodmans though. Parts easy to find?

Depends on the part you want. Air filters, fuel line, fuel filters, bars/chain & carb kits are no problem. Not sure about seals. I'm sure they could be sourced for aftermarket. P&C's are NLA.

Depends on the part you want. Air filters, fuel line, fuel filters, bars/chain & carb kits are no problem. Not sure about seals. I'm sure they could be sourced for aftermarket. P&C's are NLA.

Well maybe ill luck out and the p/c will be fine on one so i can just swap them. Ill look into when i get some time.

huh?

Ok good, once i have the time i should get one up and running for the lady :) Im sure she will enjoy it more then the 3400 i traded her echo for.....Girlfriend asked today why get more saws i have no time, i told her i will soon so i need something to be busy on again lol.

IDK about that bud echos are usually really reliable at least in my opinon ive used them for years a lil under powered but the always start why did you not like the echo?

IDK about that bud echos are usually really reliable at least in my opinon ive used them for years a lil under powered but the always start why did you not like the echo?

I think your lost, the echo was a fine saw made me money but the 3400 is way to heavy for my girlfriend.

i dont think so...

the echo 3400 is in the same class as the echo cs 3000 I beleive its around 8 pounds all fueled up less i have my saws mixed up maybe 35 ccs? tops if i remember right my poulan 2000's are a lil heaver then my 3000 im not sure the weight but i bet its around 9 pounds and 33 ccs im sure some one will correct me if im off base by much...

the echo 3400 is in the same class as the echo cs 3000 I beleive its around 8 pounds all fueled up less i have my saws mixed up maybe 35 ccs? tops if i remember right my poulan 2000's are a lil heaver then my 3000 im not sure the weight but i bet its around 9 pounds and 33 ccs im sure some one will correct me if im off base by much...

seriously,

Im talking about a 56cc poulan 3400....

Lol

I was multi taskin had all sorts of windows up before i back read LOL ok time for a cold beer!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

pretty cool huh!

Nice work Paul. :clap:
I cant beleive how simple it is!!!! I tend to over complicate things... ya still need a templete bro i tried to get good pics! P.S it shows my package is on its way im stoked!!!!!!! I bet you could do this swap with point saws to as long as ya had fly wheel etc im wonderin the differences in the fly wheels on these and poulan 2000 and such????

poulan counter vibe 4000 help

I previously posted in the swap thread, no luck. I need a starter pulley for my 4000CV. It has two pins rather than the normally seen toothed pulley that you see on the 3400 and 3700 saws. I'm trying to keep the saw as correct as possible. here's a pic

attachment.php

I previously posted in the swap thread, no luck. I need a starter pulley for my 4000CV. It has two pins rather than the normally seen toothed pulley that you see on the 3400 and 3700 saws. I'm trying to keep the saw as correct as possible. here's a pic

attachment.php

That doesn't look too correct to me, usually they have a round metal piece with two notches in them to grab the flat the pawls. Looks like you need a new starter pulley.

That doesn't look too correct to me, usually they have a round metal piece with two notches in them to grab the flat the pawls. Looks like you need a new starter pulley.

you are correct, I posted the wrong saw, this saw is a green 3700CV. I've had other 3.7 craftsman versions that had the 3400 pulley.

Sorry about that:bowdown:

Thats a correct 3700 pulley, they made two different styles.

I have one here but I'm hanging on to it myself, there not that easy to find.

I understand, don't blame you. My understanding is they're NLA....Quick question,

Why would they switch to this pulley when they used the 3400 style pulley on the craftsman 3.7's? I've had four 3.7's and they all had the 3400 style pulley.

I understand, don't blame you. My understanding is they're NLA....Quick question,

Why would they switch to this pulley when they used the 3400 style pulley on the craftsman 3.7's? I've had four 3.7's and they all had the 3400 style pulley.

Good question that I cannot answer. Why Poulan did somethings sometime and not others? Why did some have round choke knobs and others had flat ones?

My 3700 has the other type pulley as well. This pulley you seek will only work with the flat starter pawls, maybe this was a early experiment that didn't work out well?

Latest posts

Back