Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poulan 4000

Okay so now that I only have 1 4000 left, I decided to get a project 4000 to work on. I'm disgusted with my 245A air leak and am shelving it for a couple months until I calm down. Got the 4000 of Ebay and supposedly it has a good P &C. AV buffers are shot but that's no big deal. BTW anyone ever find a source for crank seals?

Okay so now that I only have 1 4000 left, I decided to get a project 4000 to work on. I'm disgusted with my 245A air leak and am shelving it for a couple months until I calm down. Got the 4000 of Ebay and supposedly it has a good P &C. AV buffers are shot but that's no big deal. BTW anyone ever find a source for crank seals?

what part # ?

just received a craftsman 2.1 in really good shape chainsaw tonite ups got here about dark LOL.... its a powersharp i thought the powersharps were all2.3 its in really great shape new airfilter carb looks spotless all the right bolts screws nice chain its points ... as far as i could tell no spark i will post pics tommorow cant wait to get it running!!!!! its by far the best shape saw ive bought at a low price!!!! compression feels good to!!! it got dark so i have to wait till tommorow!!!! i have got to build a shop!!! .................................................................................
...............................................................................................update i see they did make one the power sharp seems to disabled i may put a normal clutch cover on it i think it would look better!!!!

Check you carb settings on that 2.3 Paul.
I pit regular covers on all mt power sharp saws except one.

Bob, A year or two ago, someone was selling gasket kits with the seals for that series of saws on the Bay. But I havn't seen em for a while now. :(
The few that I used, were from those kits. So, I never tried finding the seals separately. If anybody knows, I'm sure it would be Mark. ;)
:cheers:
Gregg,

Just wanna say the 3400 looks nice sitting next to the 3700 same color scheme stickers to:biggrinbounce2:

Thanks John (ms460woodchuck) i hope your son enjoys that little echo!

Also got both the 1800's home one has bad seals but good compression, the other has a bad p&c so i think one of them should be running by Monday HOPEFULLY!:biggrinbounce2:

All i need is a 4000 and i think im set for a while. Even one that needs a little tlc i dont mind. PM if you got one please!

Bob, A year or two ago, someone was selling gasket kits with the seals for that series of saws on the Bay. But I havn't seen em for a while now. :(
The few that I used, were from those kits. So, I never tried finding the seals separately. If anybody knows, I'm sure it would be Mark. ;)
:cheers:
Gregg,

Well, I've contacted at least 6 sources and they were all NLA. There is one seller on Ebay who has them at something like $11.95 for two. Its high, but if he's the only one who has them I guess the market dictates the price!

No Brad you don't have to change anything to put a straight bar on it like a 306/245. You will have a slot cut in the case and the cover though and might get a few chips thrown at you.

They actually still use 1/4" pitch today alot. Mostly wood carvers as it will work better then 3/8's low pro on those narrow tipped bars. It actually cuts pretty good anyway.

Depends, can you weld magnesium? :hmm3grin2orange:

Thers not but two things I can't weld... a broken heart and the crack of dawn!:hmm3grin2orange:

i did i did

Check you carb settings on that 2.3 Paul.
I pit regular covers on all mt power sharp saws except one.

i did they are set both high and low at about 1and 1/8 turns out its weird it will race a lil also i put a differen carb gasket on it i also noticed it had a carb spacer on it???? i kept trying to put the cover on it had a gap??? i looked and it had a spacer on it?bout 3/16s thick took it off and cover fit on perfect i may try a different carb see if it acts the same,,,,, after i get the saws from you i will have a passel of them LOL this lil 2.1 i got is really nice !!! yea im gonna lose the power sharp cover i have a green one i may paint red or i may buy one from ebay.... it runs great in a log joe mybe i have a gasket backwards?

How many drive links do i need to fit on a 16" Poulan Hard tipped bar, not sure what i got now but its to small.

Look at what is on the Richmond VA Craigslist

Looks like a interested piece, don't know about the price though. Asking $295

3kb3m73ob5V25O55U2aca1dceeb2b16dd11ab.jpg

3k63pc3ld5V35T35X3aca81f383102a441eb5.jpg

3m53p93lf5Y05V45U5acae87ebe5394dc1a11.jpg

3n03pc3le5O25Y15X3aca0458a97409f915db.jpg

Your sure its a Poulan hard tipped? Lots of those were actually 17" bar and used 61 dl if I remember right. Most 16" bars used 60dl.

Says right on the bar "Poulan Hard Tipped" i guess i should measure it.....its for my 3400.

Says right on the bar "Poulan Hard Tipped" i guess i should measure it.....its for my 3400.

That is the bar and chain that was on it when I got it and the chain is a 60DL and it will fit because I had it on there and ran it. It should be a 61 DL but I don't have one laying around. I'm telling ya though the 60 that you got WILL go on it.

Back