Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys with 4200-5200 type saws may want to look at this thread I started on using smaller fuel lines in the tank on them.

I don't like the big lines in the tanks at all. I need some more of the fittings that I used and asked Bob Wright about makeing some more.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=157436

I just read the thread on the fuel line change over. That looks like a real nice, clean install Mark. But, I think I will leave mine the way they are for now.
I don't have near the experience with these larger Poulans as you have.
I fell and bucked several good size oaks this summer with my 5200, and it ran fine in all positions. I figure they been running with that big line for 30-40 years, they will be ok for the time I'll have on it.:D Maybe in the future, I will eat my words. LOL Wouldn't be the first time.
:cheers:
Gregg,

I just read the thread on the fuel line change over. That looks like a real nice, clean install Mark. But, I think I will leave mine the way they are for now.
I don't have near the experience with these larger Poulans as you have.
I fell and bucked several good size oaks this summer with my 5200, and it ran fine in all positions. I figure they been running with that big line for 30-40 years, they will be ok for the time I'll have on it.:D Maybe in the future, I will eat my words. LOL Wouldn't be the first time.
Gregg,

Yeah but 30 years ago you had no ethanol to deal with and these new lines are a little stiffer yet. The larger ones are just not going to work that well unless you got a 5lb weight on that fuel filter.

Yeah but 30 years ago you had no ethanol to deal with and these new lines are a little stiffer yet. The larger ones are just not going to work that well unless you got a 5lb weight on that fuel filter.

The fuel line on this 3400 was rock hard! My dealer gets me the yellow green oregon stuff, seems to work good so far!

I already told Mark about this, but just got this 4000 from a member. Pretty nice, lots of potential. It just needs a handguard, choke lever and linkage, the seal between the carby and cylinder cover, and, I guess, a new bar cover sticker. Piston looks really nice thru the exhaust.

This saw will be a nice diversion from the big, heavy, flashy geardrives I usually fool with. Might even be able to use it!

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I already told Mark about this, but just got this 4000 from a member. Pretty nice, lots of potential. It just needs a handguard, choke lever and linkage, the seal between the carby and cylinder cover, and, I guess, a new bar cover sticker. Piston looks really nice thru the exhaust.

This saw will be a nice diversion from the big, heavy, flashy geardrives I usually fool with. Might even be able to use it!

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Let me know if you wanna keep it, im in the market for a 4000

Chris B.

attachment.php

Very nice Chris, and your right. They are very usable.:D
That one should clean up real nice. Most all those parts you need can be found pretty easily also. Between ebay, and chainsawr those parts pop up quite often. Thank goodness you don't need the air filter cover..finding those is another story.

As you probably already know, most of those parts are the same for the 3400/3700 also. Makes the search much easier.
Gregg,

That one should clean up real nice. Most all those parts you need can be found pretty easily also. Between ebay, and chainsawr those parts pop up quite often. Thank goodness you don't need the air filter cover..finding those is another story.

As you probably already know, most of those parts are the same for the 3400/3700 also. Makes the search much easier.
Gregg,

Or and outer guide plate! Im on the waiting list at chainsawr for one....

Chris that looks better then you describe!

I guess I don't have that handguard. I got some but not for that one.

Be aware to replace that seal on the carb adapter you really need to pull the jug to do it. Not a big deal though.

Got a bar for it?

Be aware to replace that seal on the carb adapter you really need to pull the jug to do it. Not a big deal though.

Got a bar for it?

Do you have one for a 3400? I think it looks naked without one.

BTW Greg i got your decals! They look awesome! I dont mean to mooch but do you have a set for a 3400? I should of told ya before you sent these out but i didnt know what condition the decals were in. Like i said i will pay you!

p_00144.jpg

p_00145.jpg

Is the hand-guard the same as the 3400 if so I can come up with one if you are not in a big hurry.

Tim

Got a bar for it?

That one should clean up real nice. Most all those parts you need can be found pretty easily also. Between ebay, and chainsawr those parts pop up quite often.
Thank goodness you don't need the air filter cover..finding those is another story.

Gregg,

Not really sold the ones i had let me know if you need any 3400 decals or other model decals

you know i have a 530025924 side bar plate one left its the one that is nla by poulan and tons of 530025925 side bar plates

I have 2 Piston rings 2577 left $ 10.00 a ring fits the 306A

Ring set 530026003 quan. on hand 2 fits 4000

Last edited:

Got a bar for it?

Huh? I'm talking about the 19104 seal for the choke side of the carb, not the bigger squarish seal.

It came with a 20" hardnose bar plus the little spring thingy for upsizing the studs.

Took a peak in the fuel, and the duckbill assembly is still intact, not sure if it works right.

Is the hand-guard the same as the 3400 if so I can come up with one if you are not in a big hurry.

Already found one. But thanks for the offer.

Chris B.

Huh? I'm talking about the 19104 seal for the choke side of the carb, not the bigger squarish seal.

It came with a 20" hardnose bar plus the little spring thingy for upsizing the studs.

Took a peak in the fuel, and the duckbill assembly is still intact, not sure if it works right.

Chris B.

Chris you needing one of them 19104 ?

Poulan 245A crank seals

Well, perservered through the reed valve adaptor leak. Finally thought to use a thinner gasket and its now fine. However fixing this leak revealed that the clutch side seal is leaking. Recall someone here earlier saying there was a source for aftermarket seals. Anyone know of a source? Would I be correct in assuming that 306 seals are the same? Would appreciate any ideas as to sources for these seals. Thanks.
Bob

Chris B.

Ok, never mind I know what you mean now. I should have a used one.

Back