Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, perservered through the reed valve adaptor leak. Finally thought to use a thinner gasket and its now fine. However fixing this leak revealed that the clutch side seal is leaking. Recall someone here earlier saying there was a source for aftermarket seals. Anyone know of a source? Would I be correct in assuming that 306 seals are the same? Would appreciate any ideas as to sources for these seals. Thanks.
Bob

Bob you needing the 1936 part #s ?

Do you have one for a 3400? I think it looks naked without one.

BTW Greg i got your decals! They look awesome! I dont mean to mooch but do you have a set for a 3400? I should of told ya before you sent these out but i didnt know what condition the decals were in. Like i said i will pay you!

No, Sorry I don't have any for the 3400, Those have been available from different sources. Calvin, lawnmowertech37 might have those.
:cheers:
Gregg,

Chris that looks better then you describe!

I guess I don't have that handguard. I got some but not for that one.

Be aware to replace that seal on the carb adapter you really need to pull the jug to do it. Not a big deal though.

Got a bar for it?

Is the hand-guard the same as the 3400 if so I can come up with one if you are not in a big hurry.

Tim
Hey i need that hand guard for the 3400

No, Sorry I don't have any for the 3400, Those have been available from different sources. Calvin, lawnmowertech37 might have those.
:cheers:
Gregg,

Hey no big deal, eh ive already tried to buy some parts from him. Ill look on ebay. Thanks again!

manual oiler or both?????

anyone know if the craftsman 2.1 was a manualoiler like a 25..... or was it like the 25da? is it just a manual oiler or both? whats an easy way to tell it does not oil i have a 25da one but dont think i got a spare 25....

Well, perservered through the reed valve adaptor leak. Finally thought to use a thinner gasket and its now fine. However fixing this leak revealed that the clutch side seal is leaking. Recall someone here earlier saying there was a source for aftermarket seals. Anyone know of a source? Would I be correct in assuming that 306 seals are the same? Would appreciate any ideas as to sources for these seals. Thanks.
Bob

Bob, here is a thread from about a year ago that addressed the 306/245 seal issue. Can't confirm if they work. Mark was going to check on this but I haven't heard the results.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=114104&highlight=

I was originally under the impression that this info was solid. I hope they work, otherwise I wasted money on two sets of them sitting here on my desk.

Bob, here is a thread from about a year ago that addressed the 306/245 seal issue. Can't confirm if they work. Mark was going to check on this but I haven't heard the results.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=114104&highlight=

I was originally under the impression that this info was solid. I hope they work, otherwise I wasted money on two sets of them sitting here on my desk.

Thanks Steve. Gosh how'd you ever find that post from a year ago.? Think I'll go on internet and order from both co.s just to be sure. Now to find a source for the 3400 series. Thought I found some on Ebay from Randys Engine Repair but he notified me he's out. I asked him why he still has his listing still open. Thanks again.

Thanks Steve. Gosh how'd you ever find that post from a year ago.?

I had saved the part #'s and the OP's username in a doc and filed it under Poulan info. Then I searched back through the OP's posts and found it. Not too difficult but I've done that for this particular post now 3 or 4 times. This time I copied the post link and pasted it into the document.
BTW - Also helped that the OP had made a new thread out of this info instead of including it in this one which is a good argument for starting a new thread when confirmed info and demo projects (like step by step replacement of fuel lines on a particular saw) are posted. Makes it easier to find. Finding info in the Poulan thread is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Last edited:
Thanks Steve. Gosh how'd you ever find that post from a year ago.? Think I'll go on internet and order from both co.s just to be sure. Now to find a source for the 3400 series. Thought I found some on Ebay from Randys Engine Repair but he notified me he's out. I asked him why he still has his listing still open. Thanks again.

Let me know if that works out, as if I remember right, my local outfit couldn't come up with those numbers.

bump!

anyone know if the craftsman 2.1 was a manualoiler like a 25..... or was it like the 25da? is it just a manual oiler or both? whats an easy way to tell it does not oil i have a 25da one but dont think i got a spare 25....

anyone???

I have a seperate thread on it, but here's a vid of the 5200 in wood.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8ybzV8xGfY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8ybzV8xGfY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

thats cool

What are you asking?

A Poulan 25D is 2.1 maunal oiler only a 25DA is 2.1 auto and manual.

A S25D is 2.3 manual and a S25DA is auto and manual.

And yes Craftman got all the above versions as far as I know.

You can pull the starter cover off and see enough of the oil pump to see what you got.

i have a power sharp craftsman 2.1 i just bought the oiler dont work i fixed everything else..... i have a carcuss off a 25da poulan was hoping to swap out the oilers,,, it was dark so i thought i would ask if it was possible ,,, i did not know if any of the craftsman 2.1 ,s had a combo oiler i will just do what ya said and pull the cover on a 25da and the 2.1 and see if they look the same thanks for the reply!!!

Back