Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will

Alright:clap: glad they got there Paul! That S25DA is a little power house. You'll have fun with that one. The 25 has got great compression. Post some pics!

I will for sure!!!!it was weird to not have to fix anything on a saw.... gas it up put the bar on and adjust the idle!!!!! to easy LOL i think i have all the parts minus a chain for the lil 25 yea it felt like it had real good compression also i like the stack on it!!! that red one is really loud for one with a muffler my neighbors heard it im sure heheh!!!

Not through Oregon, so I'm saying no. Sprocket 32062X, bearing 12069. Same as a 306, so could be a few left somewhere.

Last edited:
Looks like I've fixed the one I've got. I thinned the spur by .015"-.020" and all seems to be well. I made several cuts with it and it's still good.

I also had to lean it WAY out. I had the thing pig rich. I know these topends are unobtanium, so errored way too far on the rich side. It's much better now.

I just removed all the original labels, in preparation for the new ones. I may paint the engine shroud, but that might be it.

Looks like I've fixed the one I've got. I thinned the spur by .015"-.020" and all seems to be well. I made several cuts with it and it's still good.

I also had to lean it WAY out. I had the thing pig rich. I know these topends are unobtanium, so errored way too far on the rich side. It's much better now.

I just removed all the original labels, in preparation for the new ones. I may paint the engine shroud, but that might be it.

"Unobtanium"????. Oh I get it. Obsolete. Had me thinking I missed some English classes in school, at first. Thank goodness I figured it out. BTW the GB part # is 085-105. 7 tooth, 3/8 pitch. That was on box. The sprocket itself has PO526-A7N on it.
Bob

Brad what brand sprocket was on it?

Well I might as well let the cat out of the bag now.

It seems I got another 5200 on its way to my house sometime in the near future.

I said sometime because that ole piece of Shreveport magnesium is on it's way back to the USA from Canada and who knows how long that will take.

I don't know much about it, if its a runner or not. I doubt it runs at this point but even if its not repairable there will be a ton of parts.

Also since I got the new fuel lines in almost all my saws finally done, I can look to my next projects. The first will be a total rebuild and restoration of another 5200 that I have been sitting on for a while. The new decals for it and another project, a 306SA are on the way.

I have been collecting parts for the 5200 resto for some time, got new gaskets, seals, brgs, carb and most anything else for it here right now. The big job is really just cleaning everything up and getting ready for paint.

I think I'll tear the 306SA down and do all the painting for both at the same time. I have another 5200 as well thats sitting here to get going as well. It does have a little piston scoring but I think it will clean up as well and it might also get some new paint just because it looks so damn bad.

Is 5 5200's too many for one guy to have? :hmm3grin2orange:

One might have to go....

Also working on another saw deal, this ones coming from europe!

It's not a Poulan though but its a cool one no doubt.

Whats the rest of you guys got coming up for projects?

I said sometime because that ole piece of Shreveport magnesium is on it's way back to the USA from Canada and who knows how long that will take.

I don't know much about it, if its a runner or not. I doubt it runs at this point but even if its not repairable there will be a ton of parts.

Also since I got the new fuel lines in almost all my saws finally done, I can look to my next projects. The first will be a total rebuild and restoration of another 5200 that I have been sitting on for a while. The new decals for it and another project, a 306SA are on the way.

I have been collecting parts for the 5200 resto for some time, got new gaskets, seals, brgs, carb and most anything else for it here right now. The big job is really just cleaning everything up and getting ready for paint.

I think I'll tear the 306SA down and do all the painting for both at the same time. I have another 5200 as well thats sitting here to get going as well. It does have a little piston scoring but I think it will clean up as well and it might also get some new paint just because it looks so damn bad.

One might have to go....

Wow Mark! Your making the rest of us look like we are goin in reverse! Sounds like you have some great projects coming up. All this talk of the 4200 and up saws has me on the hunt for one! I have a project on the bench now but its not a Poulan, wish it was cause its turning into a real PIA! Id like my next project to be a 4200 or 5200 but those seem to be rare i these parts. I do have a Poulan coming in soon that will be kinda cool. And as always it will be here!

One might have to go....

A carb kit on this 3700, along with the search of its missing outer guide plate......

Most definitely!! :D 3 or 4 sounds about right, but 5, thats just crazy..LOL

Can't wait to see the photo documentation of these rebuilds you have coming up Mark. Don't believe I have ever seen a like new pristine 5200 before.
:cheers:
Gregg,

Latest posts

Back