Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
found a 5200 in a pawn shop today, the tag read $99 so I picked it up, the paint is about gone, the AV is loose, seems to have compression but has not been run in a year or so and that is how long it has been on the shelf. I could only talk the guy down to $50, I think I'll let him sit on it for a few more months, Or....... should I have bought it? I would never have even picked it up if it were not for AS. Please let me know if $50 is reasonable, or wait for him to go down.

found a 5200 in a pawn shop today, the tag read $99 so I picked it up, the paint is about gone, the AV is loose, seems to have compression but has not been run in a year or so and that is how long it has been on the shelf. I could only talk the guy down to $50, I think I'll let him sit on it for a few more months, Or....... should I have bought it? I would never have even picked it up if it were not for AS. Please let me know if $50 is reasonable, or wait for him to go down.

So you think you can toy with us like that huh? :laugh:

If it runs and has decent compression i think $50 is fair.

Is 5 5200's too many for one guy to have? :hmm3grin2orange:

Most definitely!! :D 3 or 4 sounds about right, but 5, thats just crazy..LOL

Can't wait to see the photo documentation of these rebuilds you have coming up Mark. Don't believe I have ever seen a like new pristine 5200 before.
:cheers:
Gregg,

Hold on Greg, its a coming! (sooner or later)

Are you out of your mind???
The top cover is worth $50.00!
Get your butt down there and grab it before I find out where it is!!!LOL

Mike

Good thing its in Oregon..or I'd be on that like, well a _____ I don't know what.:D
Gregg,

Not sure if it runs, would have to bring in some mix. I have homelites and stihls, the only thing I know about poulan is that a friend had a wild thing and loved it. When I get some time I will read the entire Poulan thread.

Not sure if it runs, would have to bring in some mix. I have homelites and stihls, the only thing I know about poulan is that a friend had a wild thing and loved it. When I get some time I will read the entire Poulan thread.

Goodluck reading it! LOL

He said WA state, I just happen to have help there if needed.

And I'll tell that daughter that I won't send those Christmas presents if she don't go get it. :hmm3grin2orange:

LOL, Yes, I mis spoke. same difference though, thousands of miles from here.:cry:

I thought the same thing when I read that. Uh-oh, Mark has family out that way...LOL
Gregg,

Well I might as well let the cat out of the bag now.

It seems I got another 5200 on its way to my house sometime in the near future.

I said sometime because that ole piece of Shreveport magnesium is on it's way back to the USA from Canada and who knows how long that will take.

I don't know much about it, if its a runner or not. I doubt it runs at this point but even if its not repairable there will be a ton of parts.

Also since I got the new fuel lines in almost all my saws finally done, I can look to my next projects. The first will be a total rebuild and restoration of another 5200 that I have been sitting on for a while. The new decals for it and another project, a 306SA are on the way.

I have been collecting parts for the 5200 resto for some time, got new gaskets, seals, brgs, carb and most anything else for it here right now. The big job is really just cleaning everything up and getting ready for paint.

I think I'll tear the 306SA down and do all the painting for both at the same time. I have another 5200 as well thats sitting here to get going as well. It does have a little piston scoring but I think it will clean up as well and it might also get some new paint just because it looks so damn bad.

Is 5 5200's too many for one guy to have? :hmm3grin2orange:

One might have to go....

Also working on another saw deal, this ones coming from europe!

It's not a Poulan though but its a cool one no doubt.

Whats the rest of you guys got coming up for projects?

Soon As Hunting Season Ends, Got The Following Projects:
Mostly Carb Kits & Fuel Lines Nothing Major
Skil Branded Micro XXV
Poulan Pro 225
Mac 10-10A
Friends Saws:
Micro XXV
Ought To Keep Me Busy Til I Come Across A Real Project

Your a stinker, you know that. :laugh:

5 5200's. Goodness gracious. You must have contacts all over the place. Congrats. Just got a 4000 for $25.00. What a mess but comp is 130, so not too bad. A litte scoring on the piston(exhaust side but not too bad). Cylinder is perfect inside though. Three fins broken on the cylinder but I think it won't affect the cooling too much. At least I don't hope so. Did a compression test and it leaks all over the place. Have to start with the intake manifold and then see what other leaks there are. Someting to do while I wait to get the seals for my 245A and hope they fit.
Bob

Back