Nobody from nowhere.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donkpow

Reaction score
Just fiddling around, I've got a Stihl 020 AVP on the bench. Somebody's brother "borrowed" it until it couldn't be "borrowed" any more. He brought it back with the exclamation, "It's too expensive to fix." I still have a fence line to clear and I am too old and frail for hand tools. 🥴

Thanks, fellows. Actually, I went ahead and scrapped it. There's just too many things that need fixed or replaced. I rebuilt the kill switch wire just to confirm no spark. After an hour or so of that, I found out that wasn't the problem. I tested the coil, it was good, so that leaves the electronic ignition module. I think the oil pump has lost its vigor. The winder dogs have worn away pieces of the flywheel. The chain drive cog has a slot the width of a dime in it. Plus it needs a new chain and bar. Too much. We're not blood relatives. :)

Thanks, fellows. Actually, I went ahead and scrapped it. There's just too many things that need fixed or replaced. I rebuilt the kill switch wire just to confirm no spark. After an hour or so of that, I found out that wasn't the problem. I tested the coil, it was good, so that leaves the electronic ignition module. I think the oil pump has lost its vigor. The winder dogs have worn away pieces of the flywheel. The chain drive cog has a slot the width of a dime in it. Plus it needs a new chain and bar. Too much. We're not blood relatives. :)
Is it gone for good or could you send me pics of it? I might be interested in paying shipping to me.

Back