Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve? Either that saw is just a freak of nature, or someone's been into it, cuz that's just crazy high comp..
Only one way to find out though...:msp_sneaky:

The only saw I got with over 200 lbs is the Deere, but Stumpy cut the chamber on it...
That was already small...
You can't even pull it over cold without sticking the recoil... Button is a must on it...

My 064 is 210 lbs of comp and its not broke in yet.....you gotta pull it like ya mean it.

nope my current xpw is at 160. its just not been worked over yet. its mild ported and in need of rings to freshen it up.

Last edited:
Steve? Either that saw is just a freak of nature, or someone's been into it, cuz that's just crazy high comp..
Only one way to find out though...:msp_sneaky:

The only saw I got with over 200 lbs is the Deere, but Stumpy cut the chamber on it...
That was already small...
You can't even pull it over cold without sticking the recoil... Button is a must on it...

I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been touched. Bought it at a farm auction. The Stihl's and Husky's were bringing high prices but no one was interested in the "Olympia" as the auctioneer called it. Fortunate for me.:clap: I couldn't tell you how many times I bound up the rope in the recoil and bent my fingers back the wrong way when it hit:msp_ohmy:............until I got the hang of starting it.

It's probably got a glob of casting flash which is raising the compression that's also ready to drop off and lock it up at any time.:confused:

And it runs great too...:msp_thumbup:

attachment.php

What cube is that one,I have a 2.8,a 3.6 and a 4.0. They all need the fuel system gone through.

I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been touched. Bought it at a farm auction. The Stihl's and Husky's were bringing high prices but no one was interested in the "Olympia" as the auctioneer called it. Fortunate for me.:clap: I couldn't tell you how many times I bound up the rope in the recoil and bent my fingers back the wrong way when it hit:msp_ohmy:............until I got the hang of starting it.

It's probably got a glob of casting flash which is raising the compression that's also ready to drop off and lock it up at any time.:confused:

We could get to the bottom of that for you Steve...
Just sayin...

What cube is that one,I have a 2.8,a 3.6 and a 4.0. They all need the fuel system gone through.

4.0 cube... It starts on the 4th pull every night... I think the fella kept up on the maintainance pretty good Jim... It's a cool old saw... But useless to me... Just couldn't pass it up...

Latest posts

Back