Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1771 with 36 inch bar

Picked this critter up today. Looking forward to fiddling around with it to see what it needs.
CAD003.jpg

CAD001.jpg

Picked this critter up today. Looking forward to fiddling around with it to see what it needs.
CAD003.jpg

CAD001.jpg

Very nice saw. They are very hard to find. Looks to be complete and in good condition. I believe my 1750 was an older model. Yours is the last of that model. Great find.

That saw is sweeter than sweet. Great find.
I'm extremely jealous.

Lee

Thanks Lee. I was pleased to find it. I haven't done much with it yet as I am fiddling around with the 041 (old points model).

I tried to fire the 1771 up but no luck. It does have good spark but it did have old gas in it so I'm hoping it doesn't need a carb kit as they may be as rare as hens teeth. I squirted a bit of gas in the spark plug hole but it didn't even burp.
I appears to be complete. A few of the fasteners have been replaced.
I see on Mike Acres site that the chain is a .400 pitch, Is that a misprint?

Tim

Thanks Lee. I was pleased to find it. I haven't done much with it yet as I am fiddling around with the 041 (old points model).

I tried to fire the 1771 up but no luck. It does have good spark but it did have old gas in it so I'm hoping it doesn't need a carb kit as they may be as rare as hens teeth. I squirted a bit of gas in the spark plug hole but it didn't even burp.
I appears to be complete. A few of the fasteners have been replaced.
I see on Mike Acres site that the chain is a .400 pitch, Is that a misprint?

Tim

Carb kits can be had nowadays. Sugar Creek Supply is reproducing them. I used one so far, with good luck.

.400 is/was Pioneer's in-house chain pitch. A .404 or 3/8 sprocket should be easily had for it, but I have to believe .404 will work with a .400 sprocket. These are chainsaws, not space shuttle engines.

Chris B.

Carb kits can be had nowadays. Sugar Creek Supply is reproducing them. I used one so far, with good luck.

.400 is/was Pioneer's in-house chain pitch. A .404 or 3/8 sprocket should be easily had for it, but I have to believe .404 will work with a .400 sprocket. These are chainsaws, not space shuttle engines.

Chris B.

Thanks Chris I'll give them a try.

Jon, you'll love the P51. The other link yo your 1st Pioneer has been deleted. What was it?
If you ever need anything for the P51, gimme a shout.

247654d1344297071-pioneer-p51f-jpg

Last edited:
http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/grd/3182130461.html

Well it isn't a Poulan............it's my first Pioneer.

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=247654&stc=1&d=1344297071

It's a P51F, and the seller met me halfway so we both drove an hour to meet up. He threw in the gallon of Husqvarna Bar Oil.

Jon, you'll love the P51. The other link yo your 1st Pioneer has been deleted. What was it?
If you ever need anything for the P51, gimme a shout.

247654d1344297071-pioneer-p51f-jpg

Ed,
The first link was for the same saw, but the seller had it listed as a Poulan. The pictures he had in his ad made it unclear whether it was P50ish, or P60ish so I figured it was a win either way just a P60 would have paid a little better rate of satisfaction.......LOL!!!
I owe Aaron (eccentric) a big thanks, and probably some form of a reward, for giving me a "heads up" on this one.
It needs a good cleaning, and the chain needs some time with a file, but for the most part it appears all there. I think the guy I got it from may have used some water on it, as I got shocked pretty good when I touched the loose part of the recoil shroud while I was throttling the saw up.........:msp_confused: At some point I'll be looking for a 24-28" bar for it, but for now I'll just enjoy it.

Ed,
The first link was for the same saw, but the seller had it listed as a Poulan. The pictures he had in his ad made it unclear whether it was P50ish, or P60ish so I figured it was a win either way just a P60 would have paid a little better rate of satisfaction.......LOL!!!
I owe Aaron (eccentric) a big thanks, and probably some form of a reward, for giving me a "heads up" on this one.
It needs a good cleaning, and the chain needs some time with a file, but for the most part it appears all there. I think the guy I got it from may have used some water on it, as I got shocked pretty good when I touched the loose part of the recoil shroud while I was throttling the saw up.........:msp_confused: At some point I'll be looking for a 24-28" bar for it, but for now I'll just enjoy it.

You don't owe me nuttin' except a handshake my friend.:cheers:

What size bar does it have now? The Husky D009 mount will work with a little modding.

36".

Last edited:
Picked up a P41S with a full wrap on it today. Film at omigoditslate when I get home from work. Not bad shape, but feels low on comp and lower rear handle is chewed up.

Quick question...

is the crankshaft supposed to move side to side (end play, not radial/bearing loose play) on an NU-17? I noticed that when I looked at it a little while ago.

I hope I didn't break something during the removal of the flywheel nut. (yeah, spun it tighter and tighter until it stripped the nut out due to being a newbie to the Pioneer saws, mentioned that in the thread eons ago)

Back