Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pioneer 1110 parts

Hello to everybody on this site. I just joined today, and so far, it seems like it is going to be a very good site.
Now for my problem......I have gotten my hands on an old PIONEER 1110 chainsaw. It runs like a new one, but I can't seem to find parts anywhere for it. I don't know if anyone on here can help me or not, but I am willing to try just about anywhere for help at this point.
This is the saw information........
PIONEER 1110
serial # 361200
On this particular saw, instead of a choke button that you pull / push, it has a fuel primer plunger button, to the right side of the throttle handle. The diaphram inside the plunger / primer case has rotted and torn. I can't find a parts manual, or an operators manual for this saw, so I have no part numbers to go by.....but I doubt that would do any good, even if I did have a part number. Does anybody have any ideas, or suggestions on where to find this part, or something that would maybe interchange with it ? It seems like to good of a saw to just sit around and not be able to use......
Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and help.

RogerRabbit

Roger if you PM me your email address I will send you some information.As far as parts go,check out ebay and type in Pioneer parts in your search.There may be members here that have parts also.
Lawrence

Pioneer 1073 NEED HELP

Does anyone know what the correct gas line I.D. and O.D. are for a 1073? I bought some oregon fuel line .117 I.D. x .211 O.D. that I can get over the tank wall connector barb but the line is quite different than the line on the saw. :dunno:

Anyone watching/bidding??

Waited until the last hour to take a run at an old IEL HM on E-bay. Was listed out of Alberta. Quit at $30 and it sold for $58.
......Just wondering if it went to a good AS Member home......I'm sure Jerry was watching ;)

Drew

Drew, You should have bought it,
Shipping would have been cheap.

Lee

Kinda kicking myself, but I already have more than my share of projects on the go. Wrote a bit to the seller, it was from his collection. Looked complete, minus the chain and he said it was seized. I've had good luck working on those IEL's that were "seized". Usually turns out that the cylinder and piston are just dry seized.

Pioneer 1073 Carb Adjustment

I rebuilt the carb on my 1073 but I can't seem to make it idle properly. It winds up good and starts okay with the throttle lock on but as soon as I let it wind down it dies. I started with the needle adjusted to 1 turn out from closed and the throttle screw was all the way in.

What are the proper "initial settings" for the idle screw and needle?:chainsaw:

P26

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01161.jpg

deezlefan

Your P26 seems to be in fairly good shape deezlefan.A little cleanup on the bar would make it even more appealing.How does it run?Is the plastic air cover all intact it? Looks as though it is
Lawrence

Your P26 seems to be in fairly good shape deezlefan.A little cleanup on the bar would make it even more appealing.How does it run?Is the plastic air cover all intact it? Looks as though it is

Lawrence

OK, If you insist. I'll clean up the bar, muffler and felling spike. My wife thinks I nuts for cleaning up this old stuff...... [Yeah, I need a different color yellow.] The cover is perfect, the cover decal has a bare spot with the lettering rubbed off. I haven't started it recently because the air filter looks bad. It ran when I brought it home 10 years ago. AutoOiler needs attention.

DSC01165.jpg

DSC01166.jpg

Last edited:
Still struggling to tune my 1073 (looks an awful lot like the P26 deezlefan has)

I messed around with my 1073 some more. I have the single carb needle in what seems to be the best place but it still won't idle even with the idle adjustment screw all the way in. Is it possible the idle screw is just simply too short? If I hold the throttle trigger just a tiny bit (so the armature just comes off the screw) it idles just fine.:chainsaw:

P.S. I had to plastic weld my plastic cover to fix the cracks, it looks okay but I am jealous if deezlefan's P26 cover is intact. :drool:

deezlfan

Hello Deezl
That Bar looks awsome !Did you do that yourself? If so, what a great job.Reason I asked about the plastic air filter cover is well,they are harder and harder to find intact
Lawrence

Last edited:
I have a question for you gents

I got a hold to a Partner S 55 chain saw and can't find the specs on it at the chainsaw corner. Can anyone tell me the cc of the engine and good and bad points about the saw or send me to a link where I can get info on it? What years were they built etc......and is it a true Pioneer? Thanks for any replies,,FullCry

Brian, the initial setting is 1 1/4 turns out. If your piston has a bad skirt (spitting fuel out the carb) it won't idle. If it has low compression it won't idle. Also, if the crank seals are bad it won't idle.

They are finicky saws with those single-needle carbs. Everything else needs to be perfect in order for it to idle properly.

Pioneer

My friend has a pioneer I'm playing with. (his dad says i can have it if i can get it running:greenchainsaw:) can't remember model, year, any of the goods, but from browsing pictures, i believe its a mid 60's to a early 70's pioneer. ANYWAY... i played with it for a bit, has good spark, cleaned the carb 4 :censored: times, but wont start unless i pour some gas into the choke. AND, won't stay running. it kept running TWICE and for some reason wont stay running now. not upset, or even frustrated, because :censored: PLAYING WITH SAWS IS FUNN!:D I'm new to saws, and to this forum. so any help... PLEASE WOULD BE APPRECIATED! hopefully when i get it running ill get pictures up.:D

Mechanicalmind:cheers:

Brian, the initial setting is 1 1/4 turns out. If your piston has a bad skirt (spitting fuel out the carb) it won't idle. If it has low compression it won't idle. Also, if the crank seals are bad it won't idle.

They are finicky saws with those single-needle carbs. Everything else needs to be perfect in order for it to idle properly.

It certainly does spit fuel out the carb when the air cleaner is off. What iS a bad skirt?

The bottom of the piston below the wrist pin is the skirt. It's the part that covers and then uncovers the transfer ports in the cylinder. Together they act like valves to control the flow of air/fuel mixture around the engine.

If the piston is worn the transfer ports in the cylinder wall are not being sealed as they should be. Subsequently this will allow fuel to sneak back out out the cylinder intake ports (and back out of the carb) when all of the mixture should be going into the crankcase and then later into the combustion chamber.

I've seen it as a common problem on these saws and is sometimes so bad that it causes air filter contamination and even fuel pooling in the carb well, not to mention poor idling. A new (but rare) piston and rings should solve your problems.

Hi guys,

Anyone know of a good place to find parts for a Pioneer P41 saw? I am looking for a piston (with wrist pin, clips, etc) and cylinder head.

I posted in the swap meet thread as well, just wondering if there was a place outside of ebay people have had luck finding parts.

Thanks

P41 parts

Labwaste, I'm afraid there are no new P41 parts readily available. I've been looking for some time and they are some of the rarest parts around. Keep checking on Ebay, occasionally they pop up. A piston and rings from a P40, P42, P45 or a Poulan Pro 455 will work. You will need a P41 cylinder specifically though.

Back