Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys, this may not be the right way, but it has always worked for me:

I load the pics from my camera to a file on my computer(my pictures), then I use the edit feature to resize my pics(700x600 works for me).
When you click on the paper clip in the AS reply window, hit the browse button and go to your file(first time you have to go to my pictures, then to the file, then to your pic), after the first time, browse should take you back to the last file visited. click on the pic then on the add. In the as window it will ask to upload pic. Click yes and in a few seconds your file url will appear. If you want another pic, simply click browse and repeat. If not, close the window. Scoll down under the box that you type in and you pic(s) will be listed. Right click on it and select copy location. Move up to the top and select the insert image square, right clik and paste the image location there. That way the pic will appear in the post. For multiple pics you have to repeat the copy location.
Hope that was as clear as mud lol

Drew

Lots of people use photobucket, but over time the photos are deleted and can't be viewed. This way you don't need any extra programs or have to download anything from the internet to do it. I have used both window's XP and vista with no problems. There was a pic heavy thread on how to do it, but I'm having trouble finding it. It was a step by step method and it works for me. Sorry, but my explanations leave a lot to be desired.

Drew

Thanks to all of posters that have tried to help me post picts again, I have tried some of the different methods and so far nothing will transfer from my Picasa picture hosting site. I don`t think its Picasa that is the problem though, its on this end where I cannot get anything to load using any of the methods we usually use, I disabled my firewall and security systems just to see if it was preventing the importation of the url from the Picasa account but it still refuses to transfer and there is no explanation that presents itself as to why.
Pioneerguy600

pics

Jerry, have you tried to copy the image link from Picassa and paste it directly into your message?

I tried to post pics from Picasa one time and found it difficult so now I use Photobucket. It allows you to post three different formats, a small photo, a large one or just the link itself. It's really simple.

Brendon.

Jerry, have you tried to copy the image link from Picassa and paste it directly into your message?

I tried to post pics from Picasa one time and found it difficult so now I use Photobucket. It allows you to post three different formats, a small photo, a large one or just the link itself. It's really simple.

Brendon.

Thanks Brendon;
After I get to talk to my Daughter the computer software developer this weekend when she gets back home she was the one who set up the original method for me and I think she can solve what has happened since I had the Windows XP installed. I have been loading drivers into the system to operate all of the supporting gear like fax`s and printers, cameras and remote laptops etc. so there may just be a few bugs left to work out and she is so much better at this stuff than me that I don`t want to screw up the whole works
by tampering with some of the security settings that I don`t fully understand.
Pioneerguy600

IMG_3752.JPG

The old IEL RA is finally complete now with its NOS logo of Pioneer found and mounted on the engine cover. It was a long and exhaustive search to find a new one still in its original box but it pays to have good connections. LOL.

Pioneerguy600

Thanks G, I have seen some of your work also and its every bit as good.
I have also figured out the pict posting problems that I was having and wish to thank you and the others for your suggestions and help.
Pioneerguy600

Good I'm glad its fixed, there's nothing more frustrating than PC problems :)

Brian, 110 psi is definitely in the low range. If the cylinder is in good shape, a set of rings might do the trick. Also, why not try a longer screw for the idle stop? If that's all it takes and it idles well then you might be in business. It should idle just below where the clutch engages.

Lawrence, cool ad you posted!

I got a 5/8 screw and machined a point on it like the original 1/2 idle screw. Now it runs great and idles great. Thanks for all the help! :cheers:

Can't find the words, Jerry...simply awesome job!

:clap::clap::clap:
:cheers:

Thanks for the kind encouragement, this saw is completely rebuilt with all NOS parts and has roughly 50 hours of actual work on it to get it to this condition. I would not want to tell the actual cost of doing this project.
Pioneerguy600

Another masterpiece, Jerry. Good job! Do you have more pics of it?

I have a series of picts for this saw from start to completion, I could go back and count them all but likely over 50 photos. Thanks for the encouragement and I hope this motivates others to restore their old saws. I know you do restorations and would like to see picts of them also.
Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back