Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full Wrap For Sale

I know this isn't the trading post but I don't even know what this fits either. All I know is that its for a Sachs Dolmar and it was a little to small to fit my 144/153's. Heres some basic dimensions and if you want it PM me. $60 Shipped

DSC01195.jpg

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01197.jpg

DSC01198.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

Hope its ok to post a request here: I just acquired a Dolmar 143 and am trying to find a clutch cover for it. Ideally id like one with a chainbrake but would settle for a non-cb model if thats all I can find.

Any of your Dolmar aficionados have a spare one lying around you'd like to sell me? :)

I finally got my 166 yesterday. :blob2:

What an amazing saw! Couple questions though.

Mine doesn't have a chain brake and I'm assuming that it is in the clutch cover like a husky 395? If so, are those possible to find and are there other models that would fit?

I'm interested in adding the PNW filter set up but don't want to cut the filter cover I have. Were those just a mod that was done or were there filter covers actually made to accommodate the K&N filter?

Acres information seems to be a little lacking. Is there another source for more info on the 166?

If I want to add a decomp valve, are they available?

Does anyone have a manual or IPL they could send me?

Thanks!

Mine doesn't have a chain brake and I'm assuming that it is in the clutch cover like a husky 395? If so, are those possible to find and are there other models that would fit?

I'm interested in adding the PNW filter set up but don't want to cut the filter cover I have. Were those just a mod that was done or were there filter covers actually made to accommodate the K&N filter?

Acres information seems to be a little lacking. Is there another source for more info on the 166?

Thanks!

Glad it worked out for you.

PM me your email address and I'll send the IPL but I have no knowledge of a service manual floating around. Try the beg for manuals thread.

Also, I'm giving WAY too much thought to whether I want to stay with the .375 that is on the saw now or switch it back to .404. 3/8ths would certainly be more convenient and a little cheaper but .404 seems more appropriate.

Any thoughts?

Also, I'm giving WAY too much thought to whether I want to stay with the .375 that is on the saw now or switch it back to .404. 3/8ths would certainly be more convenient and a little cheaper but .404 seems more appropriate.

Any thoughts?

Go BIG or go home Steve. I like .404, and it's not so much more expensive or scarce than .375.................at least not for a saw that you're going to only run from time to time. All of my saws over 82cc (and a couple of 77cc Homelites) run .404. Just seems "right" on a big-inch saw.

Any thoughts?

You want THOUGHTS!?
- Stay true to the .404
- Why has the administration in DC decided it's OK to spend $$ we don't have?
- Why is it that life can drag on, but death can arrive so suddenly?
- Why can't we find saw parts easier?
- Why can the Cubs fire their GM, but let him hang on to train his replacement .... how is that for a committment to winning?
- I have not found a dead mouse in quite some time, but the daughter has gone back to school and we've not searched her room yet.
- Local school starts back up on Wednesday ... gonna be nice and quiet in the 'hood then ... :)
- It would help if the saws I'm selling go as fast as the ones I'm buying ... :)

OK

I'm done .. for now.

:cheers:

Thanks, Aaron, I knew I could count on you! :hmm3grin2orange:

I have .375 .063 on the 42" for my 395 so I was thinking I would keep them the same but since the bars won't interchange and I'm probably going to get a 34 or 36" for the 166, it won't make much difference.

I like .404 as well, and it cuts great throwing big chips. Just makes sense on the larger saws. I recently bought a 28" loop of Woodland Pro for my P50. I can't recommend it. The top plates are rough and the rakers are low out of the box. That makes for a grabby cutting chain the binds in the cut. I plan to grind the cutters back to get my rakes down to .025. Hopefully that will help.

I like .404 as well, and it cuts great throwing big chips. Just makes sense on the larger saws. I recently bought a 28" loop of Woodland Pro for my P50. I can't recommend it. The top plates are rough and the rakers are low out of the box. That makes for a grabby cutting chain the binds in the cut. I plan to grind the cutters back to get my rakes down to .025. Hopefully that will help.

Nothing cuts like Stihl .404 chisel.

I mostly run Oregon 27 semi-chisel. Cuts plenty fast, sharpens easy, and stays sharp for a long time. Not so happy about the recent price hike on Baileys though. Oregon also makes RC and square ground .404. Baileys catalogs it now.

Thanks!

The PNW filter arrangement is a factory setup. You will need the cylinder
cover, and filter.
The chain brake is all by itself and shares no parts that i know of with other
models. Parts are next to impossible to find. "Good Luck". Most of mine
are running 404 chain, Just seems more natural on a big inch saw.
I don't see why a decomp couldn't be added as long as your cylinder has
the boss where it is located. Would need to be drilled in the correct location
and tapped. The decomp valve is NLA but i see no reason why a valve from
another manufacturer couldn't be used as long as you fit the cylinder to it.
I have not done this so others may no more.

Congrats on joining the 166 club

Lee

Latest posts

Back