Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I FORGOT to say that varathane has a specific floor varnish. It is what is used commonly on gym floors and stages. It is more wear resistant, although regular varathane stands up well.
Ah, ok yeah I'm sure it was the "normal" kind I was using.

Anyone run across this before? I’m thinking it’s been like this since right after I put it in 2 years ago . Truck wouldn’t get warm when it was cool out . I’m the only one who drives it so I can say with confidence it’s never been overheated . This was in the 350 that came out of my 72 and going into my other 68 . It’s a Motorad 180 thermostat View attachment 1182441View attachment 1182442
I have seen a few like that back when I wrenched for a living. I have only seen one since the 80's. That was in a Ford 360 truck motor.

Sentimental value.

When do you guys call it quits for a beloved 2 cycle tool? I have a Ryobi SS30 I bought in 2007 and have used it regularly every season since then. Around 2011 I simply did a muff mod and carb tune. It’s been flawless really. I also have a Stihl FS46 I use for brush cutting.

That Ryobi just runs. When it sees some heavy work the vibrations get a bit much which could be a loose hex shaft.

Brings back memories of dad mixing fuel for his race boat.
Sentimental value.

When do you guys call it quits for a beloved 2 cycle tool? I have a Ryobi SS30 I bought in 2007 and have used it regularly every season since then. Around 2011 I simply did a muff mod and carb tune. It’s been flawless really. I also have a Stihl FS46 I use for brush cutting.

That Ryobi just runs. When it sees some heavy work the vibrations get a bit much which could be a loose hex shaft.
I have lots of old saws, tool, and equipment laying around that I can't seem to part with. Some of it for sentiment some just because I don't feel like dealing with all the tire kickers to sell it. Really no harm in keeping so long as it's not in the way.

Brings back memories of dad mixing fuel for his race boat.

I have lots of old saws, tool, and equipment laying around that I can't seem to part with. Some of it for sentiment some just because I don't feel like dealing with all the tire kickers to sell it. Really no harm in keeping so long as it's not in the way.
Good memories, 👍

Can't remember if I posted a finished side Pic of the shop. I think it looks a bit out of place with the one window, but I'm surly not buying a new window to match the other one.
Aslo started on the insulation in the floor before I had to leave for work this morning. Should have worn pants. Legs are all itchy now....

Attachments

• 20240609_121352.jpg
    20240609_121352.jpg
    6.2 MB

Latest posts

Back