Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’ll plan B is in motion . Told the misses I think we will drive the 72 down . She was a little hesitant and pointed out I hate the heat but said ok . I can see that she didn’t care to be hot . So I took out the 68 and gave it a polish today . Load it up tomorrow or Tuesday.
View attachment IMG_8711.mov

We’ll plan B is in motion . Told the misses I think we will drive the 72 down . She was a little hesitant and pointed out I hate the heatbut said ok . I can see that she didn’t care to hot . So I took out the 68 and gave it a polish today . Load it up tomorrow or Tuesday.
View attachment 1189039
Love the ammo can on the passenger side.

Love the ammo can on the passenger side.
Truck had one on the drivers side too. I took it off for the spare tire . Truck had a in bed tire carrier but I like the side one took me a long time to find the fender . Under the lids there is a stencil that says property US government 1964
He calls it a toolbox, but some of us no better.:dancing:
Ammo is a tool

We’ll plan B is in motion . Told the misses I think we will drive the 72 down . She was a little hesitant and pointed out I hate the heat but said ok . I can see that she didn’t care to be hot . So I took out the 68 and gave it a polish today . Load it up tomorrow or Tuesday.
View attachment 1189039
Just turn those vent windows all the way forward for wind tunnel effect.

For you gun guys that have everything. You need one of these.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240707_205305_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240707_205305_Facebook.jpg
    719.3 KB
Just turn those vent windows all the way forward for wind tunnel effect.

For you gun guys that have everything. You need one of these.
Looked at the weather going to be in the 90s the whole time we’re on the road . Vent windows would be like having a blast furnace exhaust blowing on you .

Looked at the weather going to be in the 90s the whole time we’re on the road . Vent windows would be like having a blast furnace exhaust blowing on you .
We did that for quite a few years in older cars traveling up to N.H. on weekends to go camping. I guess getting up into the 90's would be oppressive

We did that for quite a few years in older cars traveling up to N.H. on weekends to go camping. I guess getting up into the 90's would be oppressive
I use them around here . But it’s not that warm when I drive the trucks or the old cars . And to be honest 90 degree air temp usually translates to much more when driving on a highway that gets blasted with sun . I’m sure it’s well over 100 on the blacktop.

Well I decided to repack the front hub bearings on my 85 k20 . They had plenty of grease but I’m concerned about the inner race . It spins in the hub and looks a little discolored no scrapes or wear marks Bearing itself looks fine . Don’t know if I should trust it or get a new cone and cup . View attachment 1188849
If it is spinning in the hub that is no good as you have lost your interference fit. That race is going to be harder than the hub so the hub probably took the damage. Ideally I would find a new hub, but if there is not that much wear in the hub then you can probably dimple it and drive a new race in to tighten it up.

I have an old bronco that apparently got some water in the hub before I bought it and it rusted the cup/cone together, ended up spinning the inner race on the spindle and I had to replace it.

If it is spinning in the hub that is no good as you have lost your interference fit. That race is going to be harder than the hub so the hub probably took the damage. Ideally I would find a new hub, but if there is not that much wear in the hub then you can probably dimple it and drive a new race in to tighten it up.

I have an old bronco that apparently got some water in the hub before I bought it and it rusted the cup/cone together, ended up spinning the inner race on the spindle and I had to replace it.
Ordered everything new they are on the way should be here tomorrow since they are coming from PA and UPS is delivering. The cones and cups won’t be here till end of week . If the hubs come early enough I’ll see if NAPA can get me the cone and cups . Put it back together and take it to Tennessee. Wishful thinking but it may happen IMG_8700.jpeg

Truck had one on the drivers side too. I took it off for the spare tire . Truck had a in bed tire carrier but I like the side one took me a long time to find the fender . Under the lids there is a stencil that says property US government 1964

Ammo is a tool
You need just one more accessory and it’s not just for Toyotas.

IMG_9536.jpeg

I know that I am also sensitive to vibrations (especially in the cold). I always wear gloves when using power equipment, and avoid saws that lack AV.

My early saws did not have AV, and my hands would tingle long after I stopped using them.

I'm also careful when I bike in cold weather ... don't clench the handles too tight, take breaks and open and close the hand to restore circulation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibration_white_finger

Latest posts

Back