Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:baba:

I love lobster! I've had some bad/overcooked lobster so I hesitate to get it at restaurants around here. Plus it's usually around $30 a tail here in a restaurant. :oops:
I remember going over to Maine and getting a nice sized one for $5. Every grocery store had a live lobster tank and you could pick your own. One restaurant had one in the lobby and you could pick out yours for dinner.

Stepfather spent the usual week at hunting camp and didn't get one. The last Saturday he was sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee in his bathrobe and saw one about like that drinking out of the pond behind the house. Got up, went downstairs, got the rifle and shot him out of the kitchen door in a bathrobe and slippers.
Kicker is he then put it in the back of the truck, got all his hunting clothes on and took it to camp where he took all the pictures. lol

Stepfather spent the usual week at hunting camp and didn't get one. The last Saturday he was sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee in his bathrobe and saw one about like that drinking out of the pond behind the house. Got up, went downstairs, got the rifle and shot him out of the kitchen door in a bathrobe and slippers.
Kicker is he then put it in the back of the truck, got all his hunting clothes on and took it to camp where he took all the pictures. lol

😄

I took this one a few years ago . Just came in after splitting and looked out the back door he and a few does were milling around my wood pile. First day rifle hunting season and I was done in 20 minutesIMG_0772.jpegIMG_0773.jpeg

Thank God the cavalry arrived

One day he’ll go to bed at a decent hour on a Friday night so he actually gets to the Farm on time

Funny how deer season he has no problem waking up 🤣View attachment 1201439View attachment 1201438View attachment 1201439View attachment 1201441View attachment 1201437View attachment 1201436

So, now I see why you didn't tell me!!! Let me know in the future, or when either of you can make it up to the cabin.

And you're getting old .... !!!!!! OK!!!

Struggles of my ancestors, and no free lunches!

My grandmother's ancestors (Irish/Scottish) were involved in the fur trade with Canada way back when and had purchased some valuable properties on both sides of the George Washington Bridge. My Aunt (the one who owned the farm in upstate NY) got hit by a car when she was young, and they said she would never walk again.

My Italian grandfather paid to have two of the best NYC surgeons return from vacation to operate on her. She not only walked, but also gardened, every year till she died at 93. But he had to mortgage the properties to pay for it, and the depression came in and he lost everything.

Even though my grandfather was college educated (very unusual back then, especially being the son of a street sweeper) he ended up scooping ice cream at my grandmother's ice cream shop during the depression.

So don't tell me that everything was given to my ancestors like they are currently being given to illegal immigrants because it is just not the truth. Nothing was "given" to them, and they worked their fingers to the bone doing whatever they had to do to make ends meet. To infer otherwise is just plain insulting.

The big rope and the big saw, bringing the biggies' for the woodchucks too?
Great saws(although the 562 does have it's quirks(particularly the earlier ones like that one). Bummer they added weight to the 562 on the later models, makes it weigh pithing a few ounces of the 371, and just a few more less than a 372xp OE. I like them all though :). Be safe.
Mark 2 is lighter and mo better😉
IMG_1972.jpeg

Da! I didn't think of that. I thought about having to build a platform, but that would be too heavy to move. But a pair of ramps! Sometimes my ingenuity just surprises me. Oh, wait.... that was your idea :laugh: .

Edit: Seriously, I could make a couple of short 6-8" tall ramps to roll it up on. Then a longer pipe for the tongue.
Trust me, I spend more time overthinking stuff than I should. I'm not too proud to ask other people's opinions about my plan of attack. More than once I've missed the easier and what should be the obvious way of doing something.

I think ramps are a good solution. 6-8" will make a big difference for your back.

Scrounged up a little Green Bay gold this morning with my boys. 5408756114173436752.jpg
Hopefully we'll add some to the freezer over the long weekend. Probably the last fishing trip of the season with my boat. I will winterize it over the next couple weeks. Last year I procrastinated and froze the wash down pump. Won't make that mistake again!

I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day weekend!

Scrounged up a little Green Bay gold this morning with my boys. View attachment 1201557
Hopefully we'll add some to the freezer over the long weekend. Probably the last fishing trip of the season with my boat. I will winterize it over the next couple weeks. Last year I procrastinated and froze the wash down pump. Won't make that mistake again!

I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day weekend!
Small Mouth?

Latest posts

Back