Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet they came here legally, were not on public assistance, and did not get free healthcare.

All of us have ancestors who came here, but they came here legally, worked their fingers to the bone to make it (and not off the books) and didn't get anything for free.

I find your response insulting to my ancestors. My great grandfather worked as a street sweeper in NYC to provide for his family. There were no "free lunches".

I'll stop before I say what I'm really thinking.

The F-150 is over 5 years old now, and even though it only has 31,000 miles it stays outside. I noticed when I was breaking it was getting a vibration, so I got all new rotors and ceramic pads. Advance Auto had a 20% off sale, so I got everything for under $500.

The backs were easy (as long as you have the tool to screw the pistons back in), and I did them both in less than an hour, but the fronts are more difficult. They have another bracket that has to be removed to get the discs off, and you need to turn the steering wheel to get access to them. Could not get them off at first, so I gave them a few raps with the 3 lb lump hammer, and with an extender on the bar they came off.

Each front took me over an hour, but it is done and rides like new now!

I bet they came here legally, were not on public assistance, and did not get free healthcare.

All of us have ancestors who came here, but they came here legally, worked their fingers to the bone to make it (and not off the books) and didn't get anything for free.

I find your response insulting to my ancestors. My great grandfather worked as a street sweeper in NYC to provide for his family. There were no "free lunches".

I can’t tell who/what you’re responding to.

Can you pull it up on car service ramps?
Da! I didn't think of that. I thought about having to build a platform, but that would be too heavy to move. But a pair of ramps! Sometimes my ingenuity just surprises me. Oh, wait.... that was your idea :laugh: .

Edit: Seriously, I could make a couple of short 6-8" tall ramps to roll it up on. Then a longer pipe for the tongue.

Go ahead and say what you have to say. Guaranteed, you ain't gonna hurt my feelings.

I’ve felled 21 trees since the loader has been down, that’ll give me plenty of logs to move around once it’s fixed. I want to take some to our buddy’s sawmill, just down the road.

View attachment 1200424

That’s a 2 foot level, I was using it because I keep letting the bar tip droop. I hope doing this will help me get used to how I actually need to hold it, and will only be temporary.
View attachment 1200425

Different tree, I did this because the outside couple inches is rotten. It doesn’t do any good to knock a wedge into rotten wood.
View attachment 1200426View attachment 1200427

Look how far the tree fell from the stump on this hill.
View attachment 1200428

Did this one a couple days ago, it’s 4 feet across.

DFAFC342-497C-4339-8A40-C1CCACDB5612.jpeg261B1BE7-762A-4A9E-B14C-A7C80BF2ED2C.jpeg

Nice, but are they on the books and paying taxes, or off the books and also collecting public assistance. There are a lot of shenanigans going on in the landscaping and tree service professions, but recently government seems he$$bent on keeping a closed eye on it.

We cannot have a Country where one group must pay taxes, but the other group does not; where one group has to abide by zoning regulations, but the other group does not; where one group has to comply with hunting and fishing regulations, but the other group does not; where one group has to pay high medical insurance and high deductibles, and the other group gets everything for free. This crap is not right and is not sustainable
You are right Mike, it is not sustainable. That is the plan. They are deliberately tearing the western culture apart. Kom me, Social -ist leaning and is lam -ists all working together. WHatever they call themselves (environmental, kom mun, social, marx, islam or progressive all are -ist). They are all working together to undermine western civilization.

Many of the amigos have several IDs. Maybe 1 or 2 on welfare, and perhaps a real one with legit work and paying in SS. May or may not be paying taxes. Probably, if they are deducted. For some reason they can afford New or fairly new pickups, new tools, expensive clothes and booze and tobacco that I can't afford.

I grew up with third generation Mexican Americans, and mexican migrant farm workers, with always a few wetbacks worked in to the families. They were all good people. I ate any form of Mexican food I could lay my hands on before anyone outside Texas knew there was Mexican food. The vast majority came here legally.

Now they are mostly wetbacks, and few are mexican. They get everything free. Some work to send money south.. If our gooberment simply stopped the flow of money south of the border, the invasion would slow, and out economy would soar.

This stuff is western Larch. The best BTUs in the northern rockies. Douglas fir is another good tree for burning.
Oh, ok. Seems east and west have the same name for different species of the same tree. I wonder if the eastern L. laricina would burn like L. occidentalis. I don't see why not. I'm going to try some next time I'm up north. With all the maple and yellow birch no one I know burns softwood of any type.

Back