Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The push carts?

I get it…..
Yes.
In the 80s sporting clays were just getting started up our way noone used a caddy. I haven't been out shooting any clays much since the 90s, but I should get out. I mainly shot skeet.
There's a decent club close enough that now and then I can here them shooting. I've threatened to join for yrs, maybe I'll get a membership and shoot their winter league, if I get some spare time 😆.

Yes.
In the 80s sporting clays were just getting started up our way noone used a caddy. I haven't been out shooting any clays much since the 90s, but I should get out. I mainly shot skeet.
There's a decent club close enough that now and then I can here them shooting. I've threatened to join for yrs, maybe I'll get a membership and shoot their winter league, if I get some spare time 😆.
I hadn’t shot since May 31’st

Shot an 84/100

It was a fun day, if I practice some more, I’d do better

Bought this from a guy who was packing up and moving into a condo. Came with 3 bars and about 2 dozen chains, most of which are Stihl brand and very sharp.

View attachment 1204956

Great saws, my favorite pairing is a ported 261 with a ported 462.

The M-Tronic will automatically adjust to muffler mods, and the simplest one to do is to drill a 1/4" hole in the upper right of the muffler cover (near the seam).

I hadn’t shot since May 31’st

Shot an 84/100

It was a fun day, if I practice some more, I’d do better
Last time I shot a clay was 4th of July 23 with a hand thrower, I got the first two, then got prideful and dropped the third :cry:.
Is that 84/100 all sporting clays or a mix with skeet and trap, not bad either way.
If my boy was interested in shooting, I'd have probably already joined that club. Our youngest is, she comes and gets me everytime she sees a chipmunk 🐿.

We had a great crop last year also . Was a mild winter not much cold or snow so who knows

Maple syrup season was real early too . I missed a good two weeks because I start mid February but the sap was flowing the first week of February
Lot's of apples, wider bands on wooly caterpillars than normal etc. All old wives tales of the coming winter being harder than normal

This will be a bittersweet post. My dog Ellie who is 13 years 9 months is suffering from Congestive Heart Failure.
Did not know whether to put a happy or sad response! Been down this road many times, and our current dog (Lucy) is almost 17 and in decline (wearing a diaper). Did not think she was coming home from the Vet a few months ago, but she did and has been doing OK (he kept her for 5 days).

Looks like you had some real good times with your dog, so remember them well.

Like I have told my wife in the past, it is more important to remember the years of good times than to dwell on the days of bad times.

Unfortunately, for all of us, death is part of life.

Amazingly, we had one of the hottest days of the summer today. It was 85° out in the woods so can imagine it was hotter in town.

I power washed the last boat I’m going to paint. I’ll let that dry until tomorrow afternoon and then we’ll be ready to go. This was another boat brought back from the dead. My son’s great uncle had it and we had to replace the transom and all of the seats. This too was painted with a brush so we’re just making it one color and then adding the reed pattern.

Last time I shot a clay was 4th of July 23 with a hand thrower, I got the first two, then got prideful and dropped the third :cry:.
Is that 84/100 all sporting clays or a mix with skeet and trap, not bad either way.
If my boy was interested in shooting, I'd have probably already joined that club. Our youngest is, she comes and gets me everytime she sees a chipmunk 🐿.
All sporting clays

We shoot at 100 clay birds every event

There is a Thursday evening league that is 50 birds

Yeah, but the Stihl would be almost out of gas after cutting those 6 rounds! The Husky is way easier on the fuel. It's been a great saw though, they both get run.View attachment 1205262
Looks like you're removing the bark before cutting? Better to leave the mess in the woods or some other reason?

Latest posts

Back